Biaxin and Bactrim drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Biaxin and Bactrim together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Biaxin and Bactrim. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 454 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
454 people who take Biaxin, Bactrim are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (hiv))
- Blood osmolarity decreased
- Renal tubular acidosis (medical condition that involves an accumulation of acid in the body due to a failure of the kidneys)
- Cytomegalovirus infection
- Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful)
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Subscribe to monitor Biaxin and Bactrim
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Biaxin and Bactrim
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Biaxin has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Biaxin 11,704 users)
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 44,580 users)
Interactions between Biaxin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Bactrim and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Biaxin and Bactrima b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Predict new side effects and undetected conditions when you take Biaxin and Bactrim (16,813 reports studied)
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Biaxin (9 members)
- Support group for people who take Bactrim
- Support group for people who take Biaxin and Bactrim
You may be interested in these posts
- What side effects should I be aware of taking Methotextrate and Bactrim. Starting today adding Bactrim
- The recent post was about Biaxin use was intended to say that the Doctor said Biaxin was used in Europe (Greece) as an ANTIDEPRESSENT not an "antibiotic" as was posted.
- Suffered from pancreatitis for years. Took me just as long to understand just what was going on with my health. Once I semi understood what the culprits were that caused pancreatitis flare ups I paid more attention to prescriptions and food intake. I recently went in to have a biopsy of my...
- Prayers for everyone with serious health conditions. <3
- My sed rate went from 33mm -90mm Creative protein went down 2.50 -2.10 I’m fighting a bone infection and I’ve been doing great untill I got this UTI and started taking the Bactrim .. that’s when my sed rate doubled ...concerned!!!
- What to expect when you take Estradiol and have Jail Fever?
- Will you have Headaches with Dantrium?
- What to expect when you take Paracetamol and have Staphylococcal Infection?
- Metoclopramide Hydrochloride and Zemplar drug interaction
- Will you have Myocardial Ischaemia with Meloxicam?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Dantrium and have Headaches?
- Support group for people who take Metoclopramide Hydrochloride and Zemplar
- Support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Myocardial Ischaemia?
- Support group for people who take Metformin and have Body Height Abnormal?
- Support group for people who take Flexeril and have Generalised Erythema?
- Hi my dad is taking Carvedilol, along with several other medications after a recent heart attack....
- Hello I’ve had heart surgery one year ago and had the aortic valve replaced due to birth defect, I...
- Wow - tinnitus is ever consuming. 46 yr old fella that never got over a bad ear infection. Any...
- Interesting! I never suspected that there was a connection between hydrochlorothiazide and high...
- Been taking 25 mg for bout 3 years. Bp is usually under 140/90. Any bad side affects other than...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.