Buscopan and Herceptin drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among 12 people who take Buscopan and Herceptin. Common interactions include infection among females.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Buscopan and Herceptin have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
12 people who take Buscopan and Herceptin together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Buscopan?
Buscopan has active ingredients of hyoscine butylbromide. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 4,814 Buscopan users.
What is Herceptin?
Herceptin has active ingredients of trastuzumab. It is used in breast cancer. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 40,294 Herceptin users.
Number of Buscopan and Herceptin reports submitted per year:
Common Buscopan and Herceptin drug interactions by gender *:
- Nodular regenerative hyperplasia
- Osteonecrosis of jaw
- Platelet count decreased
Common Buscopan and Herceptin drug interactions by age *:
- Pancreatitis acute
- General physical health deterioration
- Metastases to central nervous system
- Abdominal pain
- Colitis ischaemic
- Neutropenic sepsis
- Chest pain
- Pain in extremity
- Pleural effusion
Common conditions people have *:
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 7 people, 58.33%
- Pain: 7 people, 58.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 41.67%
- Blood Magnesium Decreased: 4 people, 33.33%
- Depression: 4 people, 33.33%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 33.33%
- Rashes (redness): 3 people, 25.00%
- Pneumonia: 3 people, 25.00%
- Colitis Ischaemic (due to infection of intestine impaired blood supply to colon): 3 people, 25.00%
- Neutropenic Sepsis (whole body infection is caused by a condition in which the number of white blood cells (called neutrophils) in the blood is low. neutrophils help the body to fight infection): 3 people, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Buscopan and Herceptin?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Saleh M, Bourcier T, Noel G, Speeg-Schatz C, Gaucher D, "Bilateral macular ischemia and severe visual loss following trastuzumab therapy", Acta Oncologica, 2011 Apr .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Buscopan side effects:
- Diarrhea: 644 reports
- Abdominal pain: 510 reports
- Indigestion: 409 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 348 reports
- Pain: 313 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 299 reports
- Fever: 260 reports
Browse all side effects of Buscopan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Herceptin side effects:
- Hair loss: 5,509 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,494 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,767 reports
- Death: 2,700 reports
- Pain: 2,336 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,135 reports
- Hair color changes: 2,090 reports
Browse all side effects of Herceptin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Buscopan interactions:
- Buscopan and Omeprazole: 652 reports
- Buscopan and Paracetamol: 612 reports
- Buscopan and Pantoprazole: 477 reports
- Buscopan and Prednisone: 464 reports
- Buscopan and Morphine: 358 reports
- Buscopan and Clopra: 346 reports
- Buscopan and Metoclopramide: 345 reports
- Buscopan and Prednisolone: 308 reports
- Buscopan and Tramadol: 300 reports
- Buscopan and Gabapentin: 267 reports
Browse all interactions between Buscopan and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Herceptin interactions:
- Herceptin and Perjeta: 8,394 reports
- Herceptin and Taxotere: 7,882 reports
- Herceptin and Docetaxel: 7,340 reports
- Herceptin and Carboplatin: 4,370 reports
- Herceptin and Paraplatin: 3,405 reports
- Herceptin and Xeloda: 3,133 reports
- Herceptin and Paclitaxel: 3,111 reports
- Herceptin and Taxol: 2,907 reports
- Herceptin and Cyclophosphamide: 2,053 reports
- Herceptin and Zometa: 1,927 reports
Browse all interactions between Herceptin and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hyoscine butylbromide and trastuzumab (the active ingredients of Buscopan and Herceptin, respectively), and Buscopan and Herceptin (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Buscopan and Herceptin.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ondansetron Hydrochloride and Hypernatraemia - 10 seconds ago
- Nystatin and Zyrtec-D 12 Hour drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Vomiting In Pregnancy - 27 seconds ago
- Vitamin C and Vitamin B12 Deficiency - 30 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Vitreous Floaters - 37 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine and Psoriatic Arthropathy - 38 seconds ago
- Vitamin C and Uveitis - 38 seconds ago
- Cefdinir and Thyroid Diseases - 40 seconds ago
- Biaxin and Hyperlipidaemia - 46 seconds ago
- Flonase and The Flu - a minute ago