Capecitabine and Thioguanine drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Capecitabine and Thioguanine together.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Capecitabine and Thioguanine have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3 people who take the same drugs from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3 people who take Capecitabine and Thioguanine together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Capecitabine?
Capecitabine has active ingredients of capecitabine. eHealthMe is studying from 48,685 Capecitabine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Thioguanine?
Thioguanine has active ingredients of thioguanine. eHealthMe is studying from 2,417 Thioguanine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Capecitabine and Thioguanine reports submitted per year:
Common Capecitabine and Thioguanine drug interactions by gender *:
- Cd4 lymphocytes decreased
- Cd8 lymphocytes decreased
- T-lymphocyte count decreased
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Capecitabine and Thioguanine?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Pinto HP, Bhat RM, Shet D, Dandekeri S, "Compound mucocutaneous adverse effects of oral capecitabine in a patient", Indian dermatology online journal, 2014 Jan .
- Kang SM, Baek JY, Hwangbo B, Kim HY, Lee GK, Lee HS, "A case of capecitabine-induced sarcoidosis", Tuberculosis and respiratory diseases, 2012 Mar .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Capecitabine (48,685 reports)
- Thioguanine (2,417 reports)
Browse all drug interactions of Capecitabine and Thioguanine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Capecitabine side effects:
- Diarrhea: 7,607 reports
- Death: 4,240 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 3,792 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,733 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 2,561 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 2,375 reports
Browse all side effects of Capecitabine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Thioguanine side effects:
- Fever: 207 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 202 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 200 reports
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 143 reports
- Indigestion: 129 reports
Browse all side effects of Thioguanine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Capecitabine interactions:
- Capecitabine and Oxaliplatin: 9,975 reports
- Capecitabine and Fluorouracil: 3,100 reports
- Capecitabine and Cisplatin: 3,022 reports
- Capecitabine and Docetaxel: 2,681 reports
- Capecitabine and Paclitaxel: 2,453 reports
- Capecitabine and Ondansetron: 1,886 reports
- Capecitabine and Omeprazole: 1,697 reports
- Capecitabine and Letrozole: 1,491 reports
- Capecitabine and Cyclophosphamide: 1,259 reports
- Capecitabine and Aspirin: 1,250 reports
Browse all interactions between Capecitabine and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Thioguanine interactions:
- Thioguanine and Cytarabine: 1,857 reports
- Thioguanine and Methotrexate: 1,703 reports
- Thioguanine and Cyclophosphamide: 1,557 reports
- Thioguanine and Mercaptopurine: 891 reports
- Thioguanine and Vincristine sulfate: 695 reports
- Thioguanine and Prednisone: 617 reports
- Thioguanine and Dexamethasone: 530 reports
- Thioguanine and Etoposide: 363 reports
- Thioguanine and Doxorubicin hydrochloride: 263 reports
- Thioguanine and Prednisolone: 258 reports
Browse all interactions between Thioguanine and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on capecitabine and thioguanine (the active ingredients of Capecitabine and Thioguanine, respectively), and Capecitabine and Thioguanine (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Capecitabine and Thioguanine.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vytorin and Xopenex Hfa drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- How effective is Alprazolam for Stress And Anxiety? - 11 seconds ago
- Stelara and Anastomotic Fistula - 14 seconds ago
- Xanax and Benign Ovarian Tumor - 22 seconds ago
- Tarceva and Haemorrhoids Aggravated - 32 seconds ago
- Rifampin and Heart Attack - 33 seconds ago
- Fluphenazine and Mycophenolate Mofetil drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Norepinephrine Bitartrate and Left Ventricular Hypertrophy - 34 seconds ago
- Tigan and Sjogren Syndrome - 36 seconds ago
- Ceftriaxone Sodium and Mobic drug interaction - 40 seconds ago