Cardizem la and Carbamazepine drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Cardizem la and Carbamazepine together.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Cardizem la and Carbamazepine have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4 people who take the same drugs from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4 people who take Cardizem la and Carbamazepine together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Cardizem la?
Cardizem la has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 877 Cardizem la users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Carbamazepine?
Carbamazepine has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 39,589 Carbamazepine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Cardizem la and Carbamazepine reports submitted per year:
Common Cardizem La and Carbamazepine drug interactions by gender *:
- Chronic kidney disease
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cardizem la and Carbamazepine?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Puvanendran R, Teo HZ, "Case report of use of Black Cohosh for carbamazepine induced hot flushes in a post menopausal woman", Maturitas, 2017 Jun .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
- Yava?o?lu I, Sarg?n G, Demirbulat A, "Carbamazepine and hematological malignancies", Turkish journal of haematology: official journal of Turkish Society of Haematology, 2013 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Cardizem la (877 reports)
- Carbamazepine (39,589 reports)
Browse all drug interactions of Cardizem la and Carbamazepine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Carbamazepine side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 3,049 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,891 reports
- Fever: 1,884 reports
- Dizziness: 1,829 reports
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1,718 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,681 reports
- Pain: 1,585 reports
Browse all side effects of Carbamazepine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Cardizem la interactions:
- Cardizem la and Aspirin: 150 reports
- Cardizem la and Synthroid: 109 reports
Browse all interactions between Cardizem la and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Carbamazepine interactions:
- Carbamazepine and Levetiracetam: 4,127 reports
- Carbamazepine and Lamotrigine: 3,199 reports
- Carbamazepine and Gabapentin: 2,937 reports
- Carbamazepine and Clonazepam: 2,814 reports
- Carbamazepine and Valproic acid: 2,417 reports
- Carbamazepine and Omeprazole: 2,349 reports
- Carbamazepine and Topiramate: 2,292 reports
- Carbamazepine and Aspirin: 1,932 reports
- Carbamazepine and Furosemide: 1,911 reports
- Carbamazepine and Amlodipine: 1,857 reports
Browse all interactions between Carbamazepine and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diltiazem hydrochloride and carbamazepine (the active ingredients of Cardizem la and Carbamazepine, respectively), and Cardizem la and Carbamazepine (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Cardizem la and Carbamazepine.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- How effective is Lisinopril for Hypotension? - 2 seconds ago
- Multivitamin and Urine Flow Decreased - 7 seconds ago
- Zoledronic and Gastrointestinal Perforation - 11 seconds ago
- Metformin and Sleep Talking - 16 seconds ago
- Mycelex and Irritable Bowel Syndrome - 17 seconds ago
- Symbicort and Provera drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Osphena and Urination - Painful - 20 seconds ago
- Imuran and Povidone Iodine drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Osphena and Sexual Intercourse - Painful - 32 seconds ago
- Procardia Xl and Tenosynovitis - 35 seconds ago