Celexa and Zanaflex drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Celexa and Zanaflex. Common interactions include abdominal pain among females and drug ineffective among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Celexa and Zanaflex have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 733 people who take Celexa and Zanaflex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
733 people who take Celexa and Zanaflex together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Celexa?
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 54,849 Celexa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Zanaflex?
Zanaflex has active ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. eHealthMe is studying from 16,468 Zanaflex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Celexa and Zanaflex reports submitted per year:
Celexa and Zanaflex drug interactions by gender *:
Celexa and Zanaflex drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Celexa and Zanaflex?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hosseini, S. H., & Ahmadi, A., "Peripheral edema occurring during treatment with risperidone combined with citalopram", Case reports in medicine, 2012 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Celexa and Zanaflex interactions:
- Weakness: 114 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 100 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 97 reports
- Rashes (redness): 91 reports
- Abdominal pain: 65 reports
- Drug ineffective: 56 reports
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 49 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Celexa and Zanaflex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Celexa side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,091 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 3,639 reports
- Pain: 3,594 reports
- Depression: 3,433 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,157 reports
- Weakness: 2,901 reports
Browse all side effects of Celexa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zanaflex side effects:
- Pain: 1,647 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,470 reports
- Weakness: 1,256 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,240 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,066 reports
- Dizziness: 974 reports
Browse all side effects of Zanaflex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Celexa interactions:
- Celexa and Aspirin: 4,788 reports
- Celexa and Xanax: 4,016 reports
- Celexa and Synthroid: 3,968 reports
- Celexa and Prednisone: 3,490 reports
- Celexa and Neurontin: 3,416 reports
- Celexa and Prilosec: 3,364 reports
- Celexa and Wellbutrin: 3,266 reports
- Celexa and Lasix: 3,261 reports
- Celexa and Lisinopril: 3,240 reports
- Celexa and Lipitor: 3,060 reports
Browse all interactions between Celexa and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zanaflex interactions:
- Zanaflex and Neurontin: 2,518 reports
- Zanaflex and Lyrica: 2,358 reports
- Zanaflex and Baclofen: 2,187 reports
- Zanaflex and Cymbalta: 1,866 reports
- Zanaflex and Ambien: 1,786 reports
- Zanaflex and Gabapentin: 1,770 reports
- Zanaflex and Xanax: 1,686 reports
- Zanaflex and Synthroid: 1,652 reports
- Zanaflex and Vitamin d: 1,583 reports
- Zanaflex and Aspirin: 1,519 reports
Browse all interactions between Zanaflex and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on citalopram hydrobromide and tizanidine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Celexa and Zanaflex, respectively), and Celexa and Zanaflex (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Celexa and Zanaflex.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tretinoin and Urinary Incontinence Aggravated - 4 seconds ago
- How effective is Gabapentin for Peripheral Nerve Injury? - 5 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen Sodium and Drug Intolerance - 16 seconds ago
- Klonopin and Bezoar - 24 seconds ago
- Hypercholesterolaemia Aggravated and Asthenopia - 24 seconds ago
- Bradycardia and drugs of ingredients of sildenafil citrate - 25 seconds ago
- Hectorol and Nephritis Interstitial - 27 seconds ago
- Hyperkalemia and Infrequent Bowel Movements - 30 seconds ago
- How effective is Enbrel for Polyarthritis? - 32 seconds ago
- Alphagan and Vincristine Sulfate drug interaction - 34 seconds ago