Cephalexin and Saw palmetto drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among 16 people who take Cephalexin and Saw palmetto. Common interactions include tooth deposit among females, and neuropathy peripheral among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Cephalexin and Saw palmetto have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16 people who take Cephalexin and Saw palmetto together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Cephalexin?
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is used in infection. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 28,667 Cephalexin users.
What is Saw palmetto?
Saw palmetto has active ingredients of saw palmetto. It is used in prostate examination abnormal. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 3,808 Saw palmetto users.
Number of Cephalexin and Saw palmetto reports submitted per year:
Common Cephalexin and Saw Palmetto drug interactions by gender *:
- Tooth deposit
- Neuropathy peripheral
- Peripheral swelling
- Nerve compression
- Restless legs syndrome
- Rib fracture
Common Cephalexin and Saw Palmetto drug interactions by age *:
- Balance disorder
- Bone metabolism disorder
- Cerebellar atrophy
- Cerebrovascular accident
- Cognitive disorder
- Drug dependence
- Peripheral swelling
- Abnormal dreams
- Full blood count decreased
- Sinus headache
- Skin exfoliation
- Adverse drug reaction
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 7 people, 43.75%
- Pain: 3 people, 18.75%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 18.75%
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia: 2 people, 12.50%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 12.50%
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry): 2 people, 12.50%
- Depression: 2 people, 12.50%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 12.50%
- Dementia (madness): 2 people, 12.50%
- Constipation: 2 people, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cephalexin and Saw palmetto?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Agrawal A, Rao M, Jasdanwala S, Mathur A, Eng M, "Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice", Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2014 Aug .
Drug side effects by duration, gender and age:
Common Cephalexin drug interactions:
- Cephalexin and Prednisone: 5,125 reports
- Cephalexin and Furosemide: 4,007 reports
- Cephalexin and Gabapentin: 3,986 reports
- Cephalexin and Aspirin: 3,908 reports
- Cephalexin and Nexium: 3,852 reports
- Cephalexin and Lisinopril: 3,822 reports
- Cephalexin and Omeprazole: 3,583 reports
- Cephalexin and Amoxicillin: 3,304 reports
- Cephalexin and Tramadol: 3,282 reports
- Cephalexin and Ibuprofen: 2,861 reports
Browse interactions between Cephalexin and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Saw palmetto drug interactions:
- Saw palmetto and Aspirin: 974 reports
- Saw palmetto and Fish oil: 740 reports
- Saw palmetto and Vitamin d: 562 reports
- Saw palmetto and Vitamin c: 459 reports
- Saw palmetto and Lisinopril: 423 reports
- Saw palmetto and Q10: 335 reports
- Saw palmetto and Metformin: 333 reports
- Saw palmetto and Vitamin d3: 320 reports
- Saw palmetto and Multivitamin: 307 reports
- Saw palmetto and Lopurin: 299 reports
Browse interactions between Saw palmetto and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cephalexin and saw palmetto (the active ingredients of Cephalexin and Saw palmetto, respectively), and Cephalexin and Saw palmetto (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Cephalexin and Saw palmetto.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sulfamethoxazole and Alendronic Acid drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Myrbetriq and High Blood Cholesterol - 29 seconds ago
- Tegretol and Fastin drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- L-Tyrosine and Lunesta drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Enulose and Famciclovir drug interaction - a minute ago
- Provigil and Pre-Eclampsia - a minute ago
- Green Tea and Grape Seed drug interaction - a minute ago
- Imitrex and Latisse drug interaction - a minute ago
- Glipizide and Pyridium drug interaction - a minute ago
- Xolair and Yasmin drug interaction - 2 minutes ago