Cipro and Amoxicillin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Cipro and Amoxicillin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Cipro and Amoxicillin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 562 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
562 people who take Cipro, Amoxicillin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight)
- Benign intracranial hypertension (benign intracranial hypertension (bih) is a headache syndrome)
- Chest pain
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract)
- Difficulty in walking
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
You could also:
- Personalize and monitor this study
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 22,720 users)
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 39,683 users)
Interactions between Cipro and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Amoxicillin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Cipro and Amoxicillina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lippi G, Favaloro EJ, Mattiuzzi C, "Combined administration of antibiotics and direct oral anticoagulants: a renewed indication for laboratory monitoring?", Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, 2014 Oct .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Cipro (127 members)
- Support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- Support group for people who take Cipro and Amoxicillin
You may be interested in these posts
- Years ago a doctor picked up on why I was feeling so depressed; I was permanently in tears. It was caused by the amoxil that I was taking. A few days after changing medication, I recovered. I should add that I suffer from depression anyway, and Amoxil just made it so much worse. Anyway,...
- While I did urine test doctor said there is blood in my urine and the most amazing thing is I have no pain never which shows the sign of stone or other infection but I suddenly realise i finish 20 tablet Amoxicollin2 days before the test which is today..Any suggestion please bit worries...
- Whenever I take Amoxicillin I get severe bone pain mostly in my upper torso and limbs. I experienced this after only two doses today. I took Tylenol and it seems to help. I was prescribed Amoxicillin for a sinus infection. I was also wondering first of allvwhy this happens and is there damage to...
- Was on ciprofloxacin for 2 rounds for uti. Since then (6 weeks ago) have experienced a burning feeling in the vaginal area.
- unusually bruising on leg with white circles and nodules under skin where bruising on leg is and numbness where nodules and bruising are
- Will you have Stop Smoking with Surmontil?
- Will you have Synovial Sarcoma Recurrent with Uti?
- Methyldopa and Ativan drug interaction
- Will you have Blood Pressure Increased with Ticlid?
- What to expect when you take Methotrexate and N-6
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Surmontil and have Stop Smoking?
- Support group for people who have Uti and Synovial Sarcoma Recurrent?
- Support group for people who take Methyldopa and Ativan
- Support group for people who take Ticlid and have Blood Pressure Increased?
- Support group for people who take Methotrexate Sodium and have Menorrhagia?
- Hello is there anyone out there that take these two medications?
- Hi, Any problems taking grapefruit seed extract and lisinopril?
- Hi, Judith here! Any problems taking grapefruit seed extract and lisinopril?
- Hi my name is Adeline and I have ra and been on xeljanz for one week went swimming and can't get...
- I'm misty and have been suffering from Erythema-Nodosum for about 6 years and I feel like I am...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.