Cipro and Levaquin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Cipro and Levaquin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Cipro and Levaquin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,386 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
2,386 people who take Cipro, Levaquin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Cipro and Levaquin
- Subscribe to monitor Cipro
- Subscribe to monitor Levaquin
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 22,720 users)
Levaquin has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Levaquin 41,532 users)
Interactions between Cipro and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Levaquin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Cipro and Levaquina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- MITTAL V, ARCHANA D, GUPTA A, SRIVASTAV U, CHANDRA V, SAXENA A, AGRAWAL P, "Aphasia: a Rarest Complication with a Well Known Drug Levofloxacin", Medical Science, 2013 Jan .
- Bhuvan KC, ALrasheedy AA, Ibrahim MI, "A case report from Nepalese community pharmacy on levofloxacin induced severe abdominal pain", Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Cipro (127 members)
- Support group for people who take Levaquin
- Support group for people who take Cipro and Levaquin
You may be interested in these posts
- Wondering how long will it take for smell and taste to return?
- Was on ciprofloxacin for 2 rounds for uti. Since then (6 weeks ago) have experienced a burning feeling in the vaginal area.
- unusually bruising on leg with white circles and nodules under skin where bruising on leg is and numbness where nodules and bruising are
- tryin to figure out if levaquin caused my severe MCS!
- Took Levaquin for pneumonia and now a month later, wheezing as I exhale and throat crackling like pop rocks when I open my mouth.
- Will you have Coughing Up Blood with Xeloda?
- Will you have Shortness Of Breath with Altavera?
- Will you have Hallucination with Depo-Provera?
- Will you have Nephrotic Syndrome with Topiramate?
- Will you have Cerebral Palsy with Augmentin '125'?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Xeloda and have Coughing Up Blood?
- Support group for people who take Altavera and have Shortness Of Breath?
- Support group for people who take Depo-Provera and have Hallucination?
- Support group for people who take Topiramate and have Nephrotic Syndrome?
- Support group for people who take Augmentin '125' and have Cerebral Palsy?
- Hi. My doctor suggested Turmeric with black pepper for my chronic pain. It works really well but...
- Hello, my name is Ernestina and I had a Core Decompression surgery 3 months ago and still dealing...
- Hi. I am Dave 67 year old caucasian male on Coumadin for more than 5 years because of 2 DVTs and 1...
- Hi, My name is Eileen, l have just started taking Eliquis, l am not happy with it as l have a...
- Hi I have been on citalopram 20 mg and mirtzapine 15 mg. for sleep for 1 month. Want to withdraw...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.