Citalopram hydrobromide and Amitriptyline hydrochloride drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and Amitriptyline hydrochloride together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Citalopram hydrobromide and Amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 145 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 24, 2017
145 people who take Citalopram hydrobromide, Amitriptyline hydrochloride are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Citalopram hydrobromide and Amitriptyline hydrochloride?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCitalopram hydrobromide and Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Citalopram hydrobromide has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Citalopram hydrobromide 26,765 users)
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Amitriptyline hydrochloride 8,836 users)
Interactions between Citalopram hydrobromide and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Amitriptyline hydrochloride and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Citalopram hydrobromide and Amitriptyline hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Citalopram hydrobromide (citalopram hydrobromide) is often used to treat depression. Amitriptyline hydrochloride (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Citalopram hydrobromide is used in:
- Amitriptyline hydrochloride is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Have been on ami since March started out at 5mg and worked up to 25mg. I also take clonzaepam, I have anxiety and they are trying to wean be off the clon using the ami. I have still some dizziness and at times wake up with burning n the upper arms. Is that the ami or anxiety.
- Low bp 74/54 taking 20mg a day. Also have a illeostomy for 40 years with no problems not dehydrated .
- Hi, I'm curious and hopeful this is a nice and safe combo to take for anxiety. It would be great to hear any opinions, or experiences.
- I have been on amitriptyline for one month to treat paraesthesia... It has cured some how but not completely...but i dont want to continue it because of danger of artrial fibrillations ..so should i stop or continue?
- I know that citalopram and tramadol interact but don't know about the group together.
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking amitriptyline for 10 years as a muscle relaxant following back surgery; 10 mg at night. I had noticed curious differences in my eyes over the past few years with some cloudyness (which a bit of blinking removes) and last year my annual eyesight test showed that my eye ...
- I suffer from back and leg pain which remains even after spine surgery to fix the compressed nerves in the lumbar spine. I have taken Triazolam for chronic insomnia for about 15 years, no increase in dose, no side effects and it works. For the ongoing hard to treat pain, doc recently prescribed ...
- Was diagnosed in 2004 with cerebellar ataxia. I have been taking Los art an for several years. Last week, my neurologist started me on citalopram 10 mg. The side effects freaked me out so now taking half dose of 5 mg. My BP is 140-150+ over 80. I've been taking citalopram and Losartan at same ...
- Have been taking citalopram & pregablin quite a few years now. Wondering if this is to blame for my health getting much worse. Haven't been able to work last 2 years, fatigue & low mood increasing. Have only just started taking cbd oil. I'm also on butrans patches & naproxen. Feel pretty sure ...
- Hi..... I've been taking citalipram for 6 months now and two days ago was put on campral. I feel really weird.... I have insomnia and I'm quite low. My heart is racing also. I just wanted some advice on whether to stop taking the campral or to give it some time to get into my system. Thank ...