Clarithromycin and Prandin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Clarithromycin and Prandin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Clarithromycin and Prandin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
3 people who take Clarithromycin, Prandin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeClarithromycin and Prandin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clarithromycin has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Clarithromycin 20,584 users)
Prandin has active ingredients of repaglinide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Prandin 4,118 users)
Interactions between Clarithromycin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Prandin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Clarithromycin and Prandina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Clarithromycin (clarithromycin) is often used to treat helicobacter infection. Prandin (repaglinide) is often used to treat diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Clarithromycin is used in:
- Prandin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Does clarithromycin stop depo provera from working.. I'm freaking out as I'm on both and had unprotected sex and don't want to get pregnant!!
- Is there a home remedy for painful rash on face and ear after taking clarithromycin?
- How to cope with pain from prandin
- My 7 year old might have tularemia, we are waiting for results, they should be in tomorrow. He has been started on oral clarithromycin for over 80h now but now changes. Did anyone have to start treatment with an iv or did everybody start oral. How long is the treatment?
- I suffer from tolerable tinnitus, on the second day of Clarithromycin the tinnitus got much worse. I'm taking the drug for H pyloris. Has anyone had this experience and if so, will the tinnitus go back to its usual sound after I stop? Going crazy
User reviews to the study
- i have been taking clarithromycin for a few days i was ok taking for 2 days but on the 3 day i just came over all dizzy and faint and was very short of breath.so i have stopped taking them and will be ring my doctor. As anyone else every had this trouble while taking these.
- I am 45 and recently had sickness/diarrhoea followed by a common Cold which progressed into a chest infection runny nose cough feeling dizzy lost about a stone in weight..the doctor give me 500mg Clarithromycin to be taken every 12 hours. I am on my 8th tablet and don't feel as bad but still ...
- I have suffered from anxiety for 2 + years now and take lexipro daily for it. It all started on the beginning of my 3 day taking Clarithromycin. Never had anxiety before and ended up in the ER 3 times that week. The lexipro works but I can't seem to get off it now as the anxiety returns. The ...
- I'm on day 4 of my 5 day course of Clarithromycin at 500mg twice a day. I have suddenly found the lower right side of my neck swelling out though it is not my actual throat but whatever lays beneath the skin. It is directly next to my thyroid gland on the right and near the beginning of my ...
- When you had your stroke after taking this antibiotic what were the symptoms and what was done about them ?