Concerta and Fluoxetine drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Concerta and Fluoxetine together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Concerta and Fluoxetine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 181 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 14, 2018
181 people who take Concerta, Fluoxetine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Concerta and Fluoxetine?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeConcerta and Fluoxetine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Concerta has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Concerta 15,442 users)
Fluoxetine has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Fluoxetine 47,969 users)
Interactions between Concerta and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Fluoxetine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Concerta and Fluoxetinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
On eHealthMe, Concerta (methylphenidate hydrochloride) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Fluoxetine (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Concerta is used in:
- Fluoxetine is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
MY SON START TAKING CONCERTA IN MARCH 2012 AND BY DECEMBER 2012 WAS DIAGNOSED<br /> WITH WET MACULAR DEGERATION. DOCTOR HAVE NO IDEA WHERE HE GOT THIS IN THE PAST<br /> FEW MONTHS HE HAS DEVELOPED HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE BUT I DID KNOW THIS WAS A SIDE<br /> EFFECT.
My son 9 yrs old has been on concerta and risperadal for a while. His doctor can't seem to get a good schedule/regime down to get a happy medium for him and me. He was taking concerta 54+18 in the morning and risperadal 1mg and 10mg Prozac,intinuv 2mg. The concerta does not last the 12 hours it ...
User posts to the study
Is it ok that take Starflower and 20mg Fluxotine together? I’ve taken Starflower for PMT for approx 4 years. I’ve recently suffered from depression which was working on me for approximately 1 year but I ignored it. Finally I accepted it and went to my GP. I am 3 weeks into Fluxotine and feeling ...
I have started itching after I started using concerta. I have red spots, swollen and it itches a lot, seems to always start in my feet. I am not sure if it is the concerta, I hope not as it changed my life when I was diagnosed with adult ADHD and started using medication. Is it possible that ...