Cordarone and Centrum drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Cordarone and Centrum. Common interactions include glaucoma among females and gastrointestinal haemorrhage among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Cordarone and Centrum have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37 people who take Cordarone and Centrum from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
37 people who take Cordarone and Centrum together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Cordarone?
Cordarone has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 22,007 Cordarone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Centrum?
Centrum has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. eHealthMe is studying from 33,488 Centrum users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Cordarone and Centrum reports submitted per year:
Common Cordarone and Centrum drug interactions by gender *:
- Haemorrhagic anaemia
- Heart rate increased
- Left ventricular dysfunction
- Mobility decreased
- Multiple injuries
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage
- Drug ineffective
- Haemorrhage intracranial
Common Cordarone and Centrum drug interactions by age *:
- Peripheral swelling
- Respiratory arrest
- Skin papilloma
- Cardiac arrest
- Catheter site oedema
- Catheter site pain
- Glycosylated haemoglobin increased
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage
Common conditions people have *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 8 people, 21.62%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 21.62%
- Pain: 7 people, 18.92%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 13.51%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 5 people, 13.51%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 10.81%
- Constipation: 3 people, 8.11%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 8.11%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 8.11%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 2 people, 5.41%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cordarone and Centrum?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Tesic D, Kostic M, Paunovic D, Jankovic SM, "Analysis of the cost–effectiveness of dronedarone versus amiodarone, propafenone, and sotalol in patients with atrial fibrillation: results for Serbia", Kardiologia Polska (Polish Heart Journal), 2016 Jan .
- Kim DJ, Lee SC, Park GS, Kim GJ, Hwang WT, Lee CS, Lee MH, Hahn DH, Koh HC, "Amiodarone Induced Multiorgan Toxicity in a Patient of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy With Atrial Fibrillation", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2013 Dec .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Browse all drug interactions of Cordarone and Centrum:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Cordarone side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 1,312 reports
- Weakness: 1,177 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1,169 reports
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 1,036 reports
Browse all side effects of Cordarone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Centrum side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,890 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,389 reports
- Weakness: 2,188 reports
- Pain: 2,014 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,979 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,898 reports
Browse all side effects of Centrum:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Cordarone interactions:
- Cordarone and Lasix: 3,194 reports
- Cordarone and Furosemide: 2,332 reports
- Cordarone and Coumadin: 1,620 reports
- Cordarone and Aspirin: 1,445 reports
- Cordarone and Digoxin: 1,431 reports
- Cordarone and Aldactone: 1,316 reports
- Cordarone and Plavix: 1,281 reports
- Cordarone and Eliquis: 1,203 reports
- Cordarone and Xarelto: 1,132 reports
- Cordarone and Ramipril: 1,104 reports
Browse all interactions between Cordarone and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Centrum interactions:
- Centrum and Aspirin: 9,101 reports
- Centrum and Vitamin d: 5,055 reports
- Centrum and Fish oil: 4,321 reports
- Centrum and Lisinopril: 3,551 reports
- Centrum and Calcium: 3,362 reports
- Centrum and Omeprazole: 3,283 reports
- Centrum and Revlimid: 2,852 reports
- Centrum and Prednisone: 2,829 reports
- Centrum and Synthroid: 2,738 reports
- Centrum and Amlodipine: 2,658 reports
Browse all interactions between Centrum and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amiodarone hydrochloride and ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e (the active ingredients of Cordarone and Centrum, respectively), and Cordarone and Centrum (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Cordarone and Centrum.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Restasis and Nightmares - now
- Geodon and Brexpiprazole drug interaction - now
- Pantoprazole and Atonic Seizures - 4 seconds ago
- Inspra and Hypertension Aggravated - 5 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Ejection Fraction Decreased - 7 seconds ago
- Temaz vs. Lorazepam - 14 seconds ago
- Mivacron and Augmentin '125' drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Rescula and Lasix drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Nexplanon and Formication - 25 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Syncope Vasovagal - 38 seconds ago