Coreg and Definity drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Coreg and Definity. Common interactions include flushing among females and back pain among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Coreg and Definity have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 117 people who take Coreg and Definity from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
117 people who take Coreg and Definity together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Coreg?
Coreg has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 47,438 Coreg users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Definity?
Definity has active ingredients of perflutren. eHealthMe is studying from 3,851 Definity users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Coreg and Definity reports submitted per year:
Coreg and Definity drug interactions by gender *:
Coreg and Definity drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Coreg and Definity?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Barold, S. S., & Upton, S. , "Hyperkalemia Induced by the Sequential Administration of Metoprolol and Carvedilol", Case reports in cardiology, 2018 Jan .
- Kim MS, Baek IH, "Effect of dronedarone on the pharmacokinetics of carvedilol following oral administration to rats", European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2018 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Browse all drug interactions of Coreg and Definity:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Coreg side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 3,867 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,828 reports
- Weakness: 3,259 reports
- Dizziness: 3,208 reports
Browse all side effects of Coreg:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Definity side effects:
- Back pain: 1,691 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 463 reports
- Muscle spasms (muscle contraction): 360 reports
- Chest pain: 328 reports
- Skin blushing/flushing (a sudden reddening of the face, neck): 272 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 244 reports
- Rashes (redness): 221 reports
- Dizziness: 197 reports
Browse all side effects of Definity:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Coreg interactions:
- Coreg and Aspirin: 13,668 reports
- Coreg and Lasix: 12,042 reports
- Coreg and Lisinopril: 8,758 reports
- Coreg and Lipitor: 7,277 reports
- Coreg and Plavix: 6,904 reports
- Coreg and Furosemide: 4,775 reports
- Coreg and Digoxin: 4,527 reports
- Coreg and Coumadin: 4,466 reports
- Coreg and Norvasc: 4,059 reports
- Coreg and Synthroid: 3,901 reports
Browse all interactions between Coreg and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Definity interactions:
- Definity and Aspirin: 443 reports
- Definity and Lisinopril: 276 reports
- Definity and Lasix: 248 reports
- Definity and Lipitor: 226 reports
- Definity and Albuterol: 153 reports
- Definity and Plavix: 148 reports
- Definity and Metformin: 113 reports
- Definity and Tylenol: 108 reports
- Definity and Furosemide: 102 reports
Browse all interactions between Definity and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on carvedilol and perflutren (the active ingredients of Coreg and Definity, respectively), and Coreg and Definity (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Coreg and Definity.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vivelle and Respiration Abnormal - now
- Plegridy and Cancer - Throat Or Larynx - 3 seconds ago
- Glycolax and Hemicephalalgia - 3 seconds ago
- Hypertensive Heart Disease and Injection Site Bruising - 6 seconds ago
- Reserpine and Eye Movements - Uncontrollable - 14 seconds ago
- Quinine vs. Tylenol - 18 seconds ago
- Celecoxib and Blockage Of Leg Arteries - 21 seconds ago
- Cellcept and Social Fear - 22 seconds ago
- Xopenex and Delestrogen drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Amrix and Clotrimazole drug interaction - 50 seconds ago