Dilantin and Albuterol drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Dilantin and Albuterol. Common interactions include pneumonia among females and dyspnoea among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Dilantin and Albuterol have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 496 people who take Dilantin and Albuterol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
496 people who take Dilantin and Albuterol together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Dilantin?
Dilantin has active ingredients of phenytoin sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 20,840 Dilantin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Albuterol?
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 134,943 Albuterol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Dilantin and Albuterol reports submitted per year:
Dilantin and Albuterol drug interactions by gender *:
Dilantin and Albuterol drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Dilantin and Albuterol?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Akasaka E, Kayo SJ, Nakano H, Ishii N, Hashimoto T, Sawamura D, "Diaminodiphenyl Sulfone-Induced Hemolytic Anemia and Alopecia in a Case of Linear IgA Bullous Dermatosis", Case reports in dermatology, 2014 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Dilantin and Albuterol interactions:
- Breathing difficulty: 67 reports
- Pain: 39 reports
- High blood pressure: 31 reports
- Dizziness: 26 reports
- Death: 23 reports
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas): 12 reports
- Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 11 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Dilantin and Albuterol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Dilantin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,181 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,155 reports
- Weakness: 1,057 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,046 reports
- Dizziness: 926 reports
Browse all side effects of Dilantin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Albuterol side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 17,779 reports
- Pneumonia: 8,751 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,720 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8,683 reports
- Asthma: 7,968 reports
- Pain: 7,595 reports
- Cough: 7,384 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 7,297 reports
Browse all side effects of Albuterol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Dilantin interactions:
- Dilantin and Keppra: 1,613 reports
- Dilantin and Neurontin: 1,164 reports
- Dilantin and Depakote: 994 reports
- Dilantin and Synthroid: 945 reports
- Dilantin and Lamictal: 934 reports
- Dilantin and Aspirin: 868 reports
- Dilantin and Lasix: 837 reports
- Dilantin and Lipitor: 825 reports
- Dilantin and Coumadin: 788 reports
- Dilantin and Lisinopril: 760 reports
Browse all interactions between Dilantin and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Albuterol interactions:
- Albuterol and Prednisone: 19,264 reports
- Albuterol and Aspirin: 18,242 reports
- Albuterol and Singulair: 15,328 reports
- Albuterol and Spiriva: 15,059 reports
- Albuterol and Omeprazole: 13,073 reports
- Albuterol and Furosemide: 12,273 reports
- Albuterol and Lisinopril: 11,967 reports
- Albuterol and Symbicort: 11,033 reports
- Albuterol and Gabapentin: 10,377 reports
- Albuterol and Lasix: 9,852 reports
Browse all interactions between Albuterol and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on phenytoin sodium and albuterol (the active ingredients of Dilantin and Albuterol, respectively), and Dilantin and Albuterol (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Dilantin and Albuterol.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vimpat and Device Failure - a second ago
- Ipratropium Bromide and Tacrolimus drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Ibrutinib and Tremor - 12 seconds ago
- Bisacodyl and Myorisan drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Prograf and Application Site Folliculitis - 22 seconds ago
- Dymista and Sinus Congestion - 25 seconds ago
- Coreg and Burkitt Lymphoma - 25 seconds ago
- Claritin and Primatene Mist drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Gastric Fistula - 29 seconds ago
- Fluvastatin and Didanosine drug interaction - 33 seconds ago