Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine. Common interactions include ear haemorrhage among females and arthralgia among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83 people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
83 people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Diltiazem hydrochloride?
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 11,968 Diltiazem hydrochloride users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Codeine?
Codeine has active ingredients of codeine sulfate. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 33,602 Codeine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine reports submitted per year:
Common Diltiazem Hydrochloride and Codeine drug interactions by gender *:
- Ear haemorrhage
- Electrocardiogram qt prolonged
- Gait disturbance
- Gastrointestinal inflammation
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease
- Granuloma skin
- Anal fistula
- Drug ineffective
- Infusion related reaction
- Muscular weakness
Common Diltiazem Hydrochloride and Codeine drug interactions by age *:
- Drug abuse
- Cardio-respiratory arrest
- Drug abuse
- Drug hypersensitivity
- Ear haemorrhage
- Influenza like illness
- Musculoskeletal disorder
- Musculoskeletal stiffness
- Peripheral swelling
- Psoriatic arthropathy
- Rash pruritic
- Acute generalised exanthematous pustulosis
- Cerebrovascular accident
- Eye pain
- Hip fracture
- Retinal disorder
- Anaphylactic reaction
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 12 people, 14.46%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 5 people, 6.02%
- Back Pain: 5 people, 6.02%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine interactions:
- Drug abuse and dependence: 11 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Diltiazem hydrochloride side effects:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 949 reports
- Pain: 742 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 711 reports
- Constipation: 607 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 580 reports
- Drug ineffective: 578 reports
- Weakness: 530 reports
Browse all side effects of Diltiazem hydrochloride:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Codeine side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 4,101 reports
- Pain: 3,437 reports
- Rashes (redness): 3,159 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2,871 reports
- Joint pain: 2,650 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,586 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,374 reports
- Drug abuse: 2,247 reports
Browse all side effects of Codeine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Diltiazem hydrochloride interactions:
- Diltiazem hydrochloride and Furosemide: 1,938 reports
- Diltiazem hydrochloride and Aspirin: 1,388 reports
- Diltiazem hydrochloride and Omeprazole: 1,244 reports
- Diltiazem hydrochloride and Prednisone: 1,045 reports
- Diltiazem hydrochloride and Levothyroxine sodium: 941 reports
- Diltiazem hydrochloride and Nitroglycerin: 820 reports
- Diltiazem hydrochloride and Metformin: 776 reports
- Diltiazem hydrochloride and Acetylsalicylic acid: 746 reports
- Diltiazem hydrochloride and Amlodipine: 737 reports
- Diltiazem hydrochloride and Morphine: 626 reports
Browse all interactions between Diltiazem hydrochloride and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Codeine interactions:
- Codeine and Morphine: 6,801 reports
- Codeine and Prednisone: 4,764 reports
- Codeine and Paracetamol: 4,682 reports
- Codeine and Methotrexate: 4,454 reports
- Codeine and Morphine sulfate: 3,746 reports
- Codeine and Humira: 3,643 reports
- Codeine and Enbrel: 3,502 reports
- Codeine and Orencia: 3,014 reports
- Codeine and Tramadol: 2,996 reports
- Codeine and Remicade: 2,788 reports
Browse all interactions between Codeine and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diltiazem hydrochloride and codeine sulfate (the active ingredients of Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine, respectively), and Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Diltiazem hydrochloride and Codeine.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Edluar vs. Endep - now
- Rocephin and Inspra drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Multiple Sclerosis and Gastrointestinal Disorder - 5 seconds ago
- Univasc and Type 2 Diabetes - 6 seconds ago
- Univasc and Diabetes Mellitus Non-Insulin-Dependent - 6 seconds ago
- Fluvastatin vs. Irbesartan - 7 seconds ago
- Tecfidera and Humulin R drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Calcium and Gastrointestinal Disorder - 10 seconds ago
- Diazepam and Cytoxan drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Prelone vs. Xolair - 13 seconds ago