Fish oil and Prilosec drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Fish oil and Prilosec together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Fish oil and Prilosec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,781 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 03, 2017
2,781 people who take Fish oil, Prilosec are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Fish oil and Prilosec?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFish oil and Prilosec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fish oil has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Fish oil 56,017 users)
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 86,734 users)
Interactions between Fish oil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Prilosec and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Fish oil and Priloseca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Fish oil (fish oil) is often used to treat supplementation therapy. Prilosec (omeprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fish oil is used in:
- Prilosec is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have kidney cysts on each kidney. I had stone surgery. I was wondering if the medicine Prilosec is the cause.
- I had three Dermatofibromas that took 10 years to develop. However, within the last four months (when I started taking Prilosec daily), I'm now up to 15. I have read that when you have more than 15 DF's and they are developing within a short period of time, that qualifies as Multiple ...
- since starting sulfasalazine for joint pain, my depression is back and very bad. Does sulfasalazine exacerbate depression?
- Hello, I started takin fish oil about a month ago and have noticed an increase in joint and muscles aches and over the past couple days, burning or pricking sensation in my skin, especially my hands. Almost like I have splinters. Has anyone experienced this??
- I did not have Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS). I started taking Zoloft and within 3 days, I had very annoying tremors, mostly in my hands. I stopped taking the Zoloft, but the tremors didn't go away. I was unable to sleep. The doctor said it was Obsessive Compulsive Disorder because I said I had ...
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking Prilosec for several years. For approximately one month, I have experienced episodes of intermittent feelings that feel like my heart is fluttering, throughout the day. Haven't contacted my doctor about it yet. Read an article today, suggesting that it may be caused by ...
- Well my name is Jeremy. Been on prilosec for 4-5 years and I've started to experience kidney stones.
- I have been taking Prilosec daily (after attempting to obliterate small intestinal bacterial overgrowth - SIBO - with antibiotics) since last November, for approximately four months. Prilosec has brought me a lot of relief as far as controlling stomach pains, acid reflux and ...
- I've been taking prilosec per Dr. prescription for 1 year. I had a week with finger and toe and calf cramping then it went away(mostly). How can I prevent it from coming back?
- I have been taking Prilosec regularly for nearly 10 years for severe GERD. I Turned 70 in Sep. (2016) and while vacuuming I lifted the end of my sofa and heard a pop which was a lumbar spinal compression fracture. Earlier last year I suffered from a severe vit D3 deficiency. My level was 19 and ...