Flagyl and Zantac drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Flagyl and Zantac. Common interactions include dyspnoea among females and pain among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Flagyl and Zantac have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 585 people who take Flagyl and Zantac from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
585 people who take Flagyl and Zantac together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Flagyl?
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. eHealthMe is studying from 25,186 Flagyl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Zantac?
Zantac has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 433,180 Zantac users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Flagyl and Zantac reports submitted per year:
Flagyl and Zantac drug interactions by gender *:
Flagyl and Zantac drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Flagyl and Zantac?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Flagyl and Zantac interactions:
- Pain: 117 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 101 reports
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 86 reports
- Fever: 81 reports
- Diarrhea: 76 reports
- Weakness: 60 reports
- Depression: 55 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Flagyl and Zantac:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Flagyl side effects:
- Diarrhea: 2,168 reports
- Fever: 1,961 reports
- Pain: 1,960 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 1,638 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,576 reports
- Abdominal pain: 1,524 reports
Browse all side effects of Flagyl:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zantac side effects:
- Prostate cancer: 42,886 reports
- Colon cancer: 38,438 reports
- Renal cell carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 31,691 reports
- Breast cancer: 31,011 reports
- Bladder cancer: 28,922 reports
- Gastric cancer (stomach cancer): 14,090 reports
- Pancreatic carcinoma (pancreatic cancer): 11,333 reports
Browse all side effects of Zantac:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Flagyl interactions:
- Flagyl and Prednisone: 2,872 reports
- Flagyl and Cipro: 2,377 reports
- Flagyl and Humira: 1,679 reports
- Flagyl and Levaquin: 1,603 reports
- Flagyl and Aspirin: 1,556 reports
- Flagyl and Morphine: 1,499 reports
- Flagyl and Zofran: 1,446 reports
- Flagyl and Lasix: 1,434 reports
- Flagyl and Tylenol: 1,415 reports
- Flagyl and Augmentin: 1,288 reports
Browse all interactions between Flagyl and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zantac interactions:
- Zantac and Ranitidine: 87,401 reports
- Zantac and Nexium: 10,488 reports
- Zantac and Aspirin: 9,568 reports
- Zantac and Prilosec: 9,529 reports
- Zantac and Prednisone: 7,957 reports
- Zantac and Prevacid: 7,861 reports
- Zantac and Protonix: 7,120 reports
- Zantac and Omeprazole: 6,292 reports
- Zantac and Lisinopril: 6,268 reports
- Zantac and Tylenol: 5,750 reports
Browse all interactions between Zantac and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metronidazole and ranitidine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Flagyl and Zantac, respectively), and Flagyl and Zantac (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Flagyl and Zantac.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole and Lung Adenocarcinoma Metastatic - 8 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Kounis Syndrome - 16 seconds ago
- Brilinta and Blood Disorder - 16 seconds ago
- Singulair and Macrobid drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Fluconazole and Ginkgo Biloba drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Pain and Wound Secretion - 29 seconds ago
- Abnormal Weight Gain and Headache - 31 seconds ago
- Probiotic and Actemra drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Psychotic Disorder and Ventricular Dyskinesia - 47 seconds ago
- Ganirelix Acetate Injection and Famotidine drug interaction - 50 seconds ago