Ibuprofen and Oxycontin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Ibuprofen and Oxycontin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Ibuprofen and Oxycontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,227 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
1,227 people who take Ibuprofen, Oxycontin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
- Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation)
- Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone)
- Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight)
- Chest pain
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Subscribe to monitor Ibuprofen and Oxycontin
- Subscribe to monitor Ibuprofen
- Subscribe to monitor Oxycontin
Do you take Ibuprofen with Oxycontin?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 107,282 users)
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycontin 63,089 users)
Interactions between Ibuprofen and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Oxycontin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Ibuprofen and Oxycontina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen (227 members)
- Support group for people who take Oxycontin
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen and Oxycontin
You may be interested in these posts
- THANKS - Looking for INFO end sage COPD & Oxycontin
- Taking Ibuprophen 800mg at night and having the worst nightmares. I scream, try to fall out of bed to wake up, think I'm awake but nightmare continues. One night woke up sobbing & banging on wall to wake another family member. If I take it in afternoon it doesn't seem to be a problem. Anybody...
- Taking 150mg Effexor and 80mg OxyContin per day for over 8 years. Prescribed for ptsd while on active duty. Kept it going after retirement but I need to get off both. I want to feel myself again. I have started doing it on Effexor and this weekend I'm starting down on the OxyContin. Welcome...
- Surprised to find this is affecting others. I only wanted to find out the conflict between OxyContin and sinus meds.
- No one ever told me that and I have been grinding for 3 years
- Will you have Injection Site Papule with Milk Thistle?
- Will you have Restless Legs Syndrome with Robaxin?
- Will you have Lactate Pyruvate Ratio Decreased with Ear Drum Perforation?
- Will you have Feeling Jittery with Adderall 20?
- Will you have Bad Dreams with Probiotic?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Milk Thistle and have Injection Site Papule?
- Support group for people who take Robaxin and have Restless Legs Syndrome?
- Support group for people who have Ear Drum Perforation and Lactate Pyruvate Ratio Decreased?
- Support group for people who take Adderall 20 and have Feeling Jittery?
- Support group for people who take Probiotic and have Bad Dreams?
- What to expect when you take Milk Thistle and have Injection Site Papule?
- What to expect when you take Robaxin and have Restless Legs Syndrome?
- What to expect when you have Ear Drum Perforation and Lactate Pyruvate Ratio Decreased?
- What to expect when you take Adderall 20 and have Feeling Jittery?
- What to expect when you take Probiotic and have Bad Dreams?
Care Guides wanted
- Care Guide for people who take Milk Thistle and have Injection Site Papule
- Care Guide for people who take Robaxin and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- Care Guide for people who have Ear Drum Perforation and Lactate Pyruvate Ratio Decreased
- Care Guide for people who take Adderall 20 and have Feeling Jittery
- Care Guide for people who take Probiotic and have Bad Dreams
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.