Implanon and Mirena drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Implanon and Mirena together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Implanon and Mirena. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 47 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 29, 2017
47 people who take Implanon, Mirena are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeImplanon and Mirena from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Implanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Implanon 9,826 users)
Mirena has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Mirena 100,161 users)
Interactions between Implanon and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Mirena and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Implanon and Mirenaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Implanon (etonogestrel) is often used to treat birth control. Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used to treat birth control. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Implanon is used in:
- Mirena is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- i have the implanon and my doctor prescribe me pregabalin. could i get pregnent?
- I had the Mirena IUD inserted about 6 weeks ago. About 4 weeks in I wet the bed. I was shocked, but cleaned up & put it out of my mind. About a week later it happened again, now I'm very concerned. I'll be seeing the Dr. soon ! SMH
- I was diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia in 2007 - the same year I started using Mirena. Have had two inserts in the last 10 years. Getting ready to have new insert put in. Just curious if anyone thinks by Dystonia could be caused by Mirena.
- I have had my implanon in for 16 months and my hair is starting to fall out like crazy. I just want to know if after I get it removed tomorrow will my hair go back. Cause the things I have read on the web women are saying their hair never grea back. I will be so upset. Please help
- I have mild acute pancreatitis. I did some research and discovered that implanon can cause pancreatitis,so I had it removed yesterday in hopes my symptoms will subside. Does anyone have experience with this?
User reviews to the study
- My neck pain started after I had Mirena IUD placed. My doctor tells me it has no relationship but I am finding more on line that maybe it does?
- I am on mirena as have started getting dark patches on my cheeks. I want my IUD removed because of this but want to know if there is any chance at all that my skin will improve when I have it removed. Please someone give me something to grasp on to as it is really bothering me. My dark patches ...
- I had the marina coil removed 14months ago after having in and renewed over 16yrs..my periods have not returned I have been trying for a baby the past 14 months. I've been told my fsh is high. And they believe I've been through my menopause and now want me to take hrt. I am not willing to five ...
- I had Mirena coil inserted for endometrial hyperplasia six months ago. I have been havingnight sweats, resulting in insomnia. Today I have felt strange in my vaginal region and think I could have a vaginal prolapse or the coil has slipped-can this happen? Do I contact GP?
- I've had a mirena put in for just over a year now. I've got perioral dermatitis around my mouth. I can't seem to get rid of it. I know eating preservatives makes it worse. Will removing the mirena help get rid of the dermatitis? I've heard steroid creams make it worse. Has anyone had any ...