Januvia and Xalatan drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Januvia and Xalatan. Common interactions include pollakiuria among females and apathy among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Januvia and Xalatan have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 156 people who take Januvia and Xalatan from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
156 people who take Januvia and Xalatan together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Januvia?
Januvia has active ingredients of sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 67,270 Januvia users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Xalatan?
Xalatan has active ingredients of latanoprost. It is often used in glaucoma. eHealthMe is studying from 24,707 Xalatan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Januvia and Xalatan reports submitted per year:
Januvia and Xalatan drug interactions by gender *:
Januvia and Xalatan drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Januvia and Xalatan?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Sitagliptin use and risk of acute pancreatitis in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan", European journal of internal medicine, 2016 Jan .
- Belice T, Yuce S, Kizilkaya B, Kurt A, Cure E, "Noncardiac pulmonary edema induced by sitagliptin treatment", Journal of family medicine and primary care, 2014 Jan .
- Misgar, R. A., Bhat, J. A., Wani, A. I., & Bashir, M. I., "Sitagliptin induced splenic infarcts", Clinical Diabetology, 2014 Jan .
- Stricklin SM, Stoecker WV, Rader RK, Hood AF, Litt JZ, Schuman TP, "Persistent edematous-plaque photosensitivity observed with sitagliptin phosphate (Januvia?)", Dermatology online journal, 2012 Feb .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Januvia and Xalatan interactions:
- Depression: 7 reports
- Death: 4 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Januvia and Xalatan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Januvia side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 3,347 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,114 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,735 reports
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas): 2,572 reports
- Weakness: 2,512 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,496 reports
Browse all side effects of Januvia:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Xalatan side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 1,490 reports
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 1,359 reports
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 1,292 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,187 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,102 reports
- Dizziness: 1,004 reports
Browse all side effects of Xalatan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Januvia interactions:
- Januvia and Metformin: 19,313 reports
- Januvia and Aspirin: 7,942 reports
- Januvia and Lisinopril: 5,713 reports
- Januvia and Lantus: 5,165 reports
- Januvia and Amlodipine: 4,440 reports
- Januvia and Glipizide: 4,245 reports
- Januvia and Furosemide: 4,034 reports
- Januvia and Lipitor: 3,773 reports
- Januvia and Simvastatin: 3,581 reports
- Januvia and Actos: 3,471 reports
Browse all interactions between Januvia and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Xalatan interactions:
- Xalatan and Aspirin: 2,282 reports
- Xalatan and Alphagan: 1,670 reports
- Xalatan and Lipitor: 1,631 reports
- Xalatan and Synthroid: 1,476 reports
- Xalatan and Cosopt: 1,380 reports
- Xalatan and Lasix: 1,153 reports
- Xalatan and Furosemide: 1,128 reports
- Xalatan and Metformin: 1,083 reports
- Xalatan and Lisinopril: 1,052 reports
- Xalatan and Azopt: 979 reports
Browse all interactions between Xalatan and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sitagliptin phosphate and latanoprost (the active ingredients of Januvia and Xalatan, respectively), and Januvia and Xalatan (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Januvia and Xalatan.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Linzess and Memory Loss - a second ago
- Back Pain Aggravated and Macular Fibrosis - 6 seconds ago
- Ampicillin And Sulbactam and Ramelteon drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Sirturo and Heart Attack - 8 seconds ago
- Ibrutinib and Cataract - 9 seconds ago
- Dry Eyes and Conjunctival Disorder - 9 seconds ago
- Vitamin B6 and Foetal Death - 11 seconds ago
- Imitrex and Denavir drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Metoclopramide Hydrochloride and Akathisia - 36 seconds ago
- Formoterol Fumarate and Fear - 40 seconds ago