Lexapro and Paxil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lexapro and Paxil together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lexapro and Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,258 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
1,258 people who take Lexapro, Paxil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Lexapro and Paxil
- Subscribe to monitor Lexapro
- Subscribe to monitor Paxil
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Lexapro 58,790 users)
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,159 users)
Interactions between Lexapro and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Paxil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lexapro and Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- O’Brien FE, O’Connor RM, Clarke G, Donovan MD, Dinan TG, Griffin BT, Cryan JF, "The P-glycoprotein inhibitor cyclosporin A differentially influences behavioural and neurochemical responses to the antidepressant escitalopram", Behavioural brain research, 2014 Mar .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Lexapro (492 members)
- Support group for people who take Paxil
- Support group for people who take Lexapro and Paxil
You may be interested in these posts
- Yes, I am Gordon.. I too had this problem with Lexapro and just quit taking it. It took a couple of weeks before things got back to normal. For the past 2 years have been on Mirtazapine and eventually the ability to have orgasms became very difficult..I gradually weaned myself from the...
- Will Lexapro inhibit weight reduction while on Sandexa
- Why does it hurt so bad in my chest and feel like it is locking up it happens 2 or three times a day could this be associated with lexapro as I have had ekg done came back fine, echo done also came back fine they are saying possible pleurisy or and mitral value prolapse
- What side affects did you experience while taking Paxil and the baclofen together
- Was given paroxetine 20 mg like 5 days ago. Almost immediately after day 2 I suffered from panic attacks and rapid heart beat. Finally after 5th day of rapid heart beat and anxiety, doctor told me to stop taking medication. It's only been a day since I stopped but still have fast heart beat....
- Will you have Thrombocytopenia with Prilosec?
- Will you have Hypokalemia with Fosamax?
- Will you have Narcolepsy with Nasal Septum Deviation?
- Will you have Muscle Pain with Centrum Silver?
- Will you have Urination - Painful with Acai?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Prilosec and have Thrombocytopenia?
- Support group for people who take Fosamax and have Hypokalemia?
- Support group for people who have Nasal Septum Deviation and Narcolepsy?
- Support group for people who take Centrum Silver and have Muscle Pain?
- Support group for people who take Acai and have Urination - Painful?
- Hi I am three girlfriend of a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- Charlene Vermeulen - I have extreme muscle stiffness and migraines caused by stiff jaw
- Hi I am three girlfriend off a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- My daughter is limping around the house. We tried mustard, salt, bananas, heating pad. I may need...
- Hi I'm fritz and I got oral thrush after I stop taking gabapentin. Looking for answers from the...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.