Lexapro and Zyrtec drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lexapro and Zyrtec together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lexapro and Zyrtec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,437 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 16, 2017
1,437 people who take Lexapro, Zyrtec are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Lexapro and Zyrtec?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLexapro and Zyrtec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Lexapro 58,783 users)
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Zyrtec 56,018 users)
Interactions between Lexapro and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Zyrtec and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lexapro and Zyrteca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lexapro (escitalopram oxalate) is often used to treat depression. Zyrtec (cetirizine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lexapro is used in:
- Zyrtec is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- may I continue my generic Lexapro while taking Voltaren 75mg DR for 3 weeks?
- Hi, I was just wondering if taking Cisplatin and Zyrtec together would cause tumor marker tests that are CA 19-9, CEA and CA 15-3 to rise?
- I just started Lexpro 5 days ago. I was suffering from general anxiety and social anxiety. I am taking 10 MG daily and am suppose to up my dose to the 20 MG on day 7. I take it around 6pm every night. I have not been feeling myself since starting it. I feel very zombified and my emotions are ...
- I just started it almost a month and a half ago, but it's really helping my depression and I don't want to stop and wait and try other medications, but I've started having dermatillomania and not being able to sleep at night. Is this something I can wait out and try to control or should I find ...
- I had my dose of lexapro increased from 15 mg. to 20 mg. After which I started having extreme restlessness, high levels of anxiety, bad thoughts of hopelessness and acute depression. I was given cogentin to stop the moving and restlessness but it's not really working.
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking zyrtec or a month and suddenly have this numbness in my left leg. Is this long term or will resolve after the drug is withdrawn?
- I am an older (80) male who becomes very nervous when things are unusual re my health. My urine flow has decreased substantially since I just commenced taking Levofloxacin and also zyrtec. Any advice will be appreciated
- My husband asked his doctor for Lexapro for situational stress. His territory was half the country but the company fired the other person and he was handling all of it. Then his boss retired and he took on his responsibilities. He had a physical on April 19th and told the doctor he had stress ...
- taking both for acute reflux flareup and long standing treatment of depression which is well managed on lexapro brand name. Do not feel well since starting zantac this week. mild nausea, intestinal discomfort and overall odd feelings.
- I have been suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder for about 10 years. I took many antidepressants and other psychiatric medicines. I am willing to get rid of these drugs. Right now I am taking Escitalopram 5mg+clonazepam 0.5 mg at night. Recently a homeopath suggested me to take ...