Lipoic acid and Saw palmetto drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among 61 people who take Lipoic acid and Saw palmetto. Common interactions include fatigue among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Lipoic acid and Saw palmetto have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
61 people who take Lipoic acid and Saw palmetto together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Lipoic acid?
Lipoic acid has active ingredients of alpha - lipoic acid. It is used in peripheral neuropathy. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 5,462 Lipoic acid users.
What is Saw palmetto?
Saw palmetto has active ingredients of saw palmetto. It is used in prostate examination abnormal. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 3,808 Saw palmetto users.
Number of Lipoic acid and Saw palmetto reports submitted per year:
Common Lipoic Acid and Saw Palmetto drug interactions by gender *:
- Drug withdrawal syndrome
- Neuropathy peripheral
Common Lipoic Acid and Saw Palmetto drug interactions by age *:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Adverse drug reaction
- Body fat disorder
- Brain injury
- Breast disorder male
- Dry skin
- Ejaculation disorder
- Blindness transient
- Cardiac murmur
- Cerebellar atrophy
- Cognitive disorder
- Diastolic dysfunction
- Drug withdrawal syndrome
- Gait disturbance
- Head injury
- Increased tendency to bruise
- Abdominal pain
- Body temperature decreased
- Clostridial infection
- Dental caries
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 8 people, 13.11%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 9.84%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 8.20%
- Sleep Disorder: 4 people, 6.56%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 4 people, 6.56%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 4 people, 6.56%
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable: 4 people, 6.56%
- Depression: 4 people, 6.56%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 4 people, 6.56%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 4 people, 6.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lipoic acid and Saw palmetto?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug side effects by duration, gender and age:
Common Lipoic acid drug interactions:
- Lipoic acid and Vitamin d: 1,615 reports
- Lipoic acid and Aspirin: 1,236 reports
- Lipoic acid and Vitamin d3: 1,078 reports
- Lipoic acid and Fish oil: 1,034 reports
- Lipoic acid and Magnesium: 869 reports
- Lipoic acid and Gabapentin: 825 reports
- Lipoic acid and Q10: 821 reports
- Lipoic acid and Vitamin c: 763 reports
- Lipoic acid and Vitamin b12: 760 reports
- Lipoic acid and Metformin: 641 reports
Browse interactions between Lipoic acid and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Saw palmetto drug interactions:
- Saw palmetto and Aspirin: 974 reports
- Saw palmetto and Fish oil: 740 reports
- Saw palmetto and Vitamin d: 562 reports
- Saw palmetto and Vitamin c: 459 reports
- Saw palmetto and Lisinopril: 423 reports
- Saw palmetto and Q10: 335 reports
- Saw palmetto and Metformin: 333 reports
- Saw palmetto and Vitamin d3: 320 reports
- Saw palmetto and Multivitamin: 307 reports
- Saw palmetto and Lopurin: 299 reports
Browse interactions between Saw palmetto and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alpha - lipoic acid and saw palmetto (the active ingredients of Lipoic acid and Saw palmetto, respectively), and Lipoic acid and Saw palmetto (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Lipoic acid and Saw palmetto.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vasotec and Respiratory Failure (Excl Neonatal) - 3 seconds ago
- Clopidogrel and Heart Rate Decreased - 4 seconds ago
- Korlym and Edarbyclor drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Apnoeic Attack - 14 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Cyclocort and Psoriasis - 24 seconds ago
- Zonegran and Fluticasone Propionate drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Linezolid and Buspirone Hydrochloride drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Aripiprazole and Jaundice Neonatal - 32 seconds ago
- Bactrim Ds and Lipoma - 37 seconds ago