Lomotil and Prilosec drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lomotil and Prilosec. Common interactions include anxiety among females and renal failure among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Lomotil and Prilosec have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,349 people who take Lomotil and Prilosec from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,349 people who take Lomotil and Prilosec together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Lomotil?
Lomotil has active ingredients of atropine sulfate; diphenoxylate hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. eHealthMe is studying from 17,377 Lomotil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Prilosec?
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 168,989 Prilosec users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Lomotil and Prilosec reports submitted per year:
Lomotil and Prilosec drug interactions by gender *:
Lomotil and Prilosec drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lomotil and Prilosec?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Lomotil and Prilosec interactions:
- Pneumonia: 121 reports
- Depression: 102 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 91 reports
- Abdominal pain: 90 reports
- Cough: 81 reports
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 77 reports
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 66 reports
- Urinary tract infection: 55 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Lomotil and Prilosec:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Lomotil side effects:
- Diarrhea: 3,487 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,936 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,247 reports
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1,242 reports
- Indigestion: 1,218 reports
- Weakness: 1,179 reports
- Pain: 1,153 reports
- Abdominal pain: 1,009 reports
- Weight decreased: 964 reports
Browse all side effects of Lomotil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Prilosec side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 50,470 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 18,775 reports
- Pain: 9,171 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8,895 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,739 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 7,478 reports
Browse all side effects of Prilosec:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Lomotil interactions:
- Lomotil and Aspirin: 2,543 reports
- Lomotil and Zofran: 2,537 reports
- Lomotil and Prednisone: 2,293 reports
- Lomotil and Imodium: 2,157 reports
- Lomotil and Humira: 1,847 reports
- Lomotil and Vitamin d: 1,803 reports
- Lomotil and Gabapentin: 1,775 reports
- Lomotil and Tylenol: 1,617 reports
- Lomotil and Omeprazole: 1,577 reports
- Lomotil and Lasix: 1,525 reports
Browse all interactions between Lomotil and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Prilosec interactions:
- Prilosec and Nexium: 56,489 reports
- Prilosec and Prevacid: 50,473 reports
- Prilosec and Protonix: 44,471 reports
- Prilosec and Nexium 24hr: 33,749 reports
- Prilosec and Dexilant: 29,094 reports
- Prilosec and Prilosec otc: 28,856 reports
- Prilosec and Prevacid 24 hr: 27,132 reports
- Prilosec and Aspirin: 23,150 reports
- Prilosec and Lisinopril: 16,094 reports
- Prilosec and Prednisone: 13,664 reports
Browse all interactions between Prilosec and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atropine sulfate; diphenoxylate hydrochloride and omeprazole (the active ingredients of Lomotil and Prilosec, respectively), and Lomotil and Prilosec (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Lomotil and Prilosec.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Periactin vs. Diltiazem Hydrochloride - now
- Lucentis and Pancreatic Carcinoma Stage Ii - now
- Truvada and Coccidioidomycosis - 2 seconds ago
- Pexeva vs. Fish Oil - 9 seconds ago
- Combivent and Cotrim drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Periactin vs. Darvocet-N 100 - 13 seconds ago
- Rhinocort and Therapeutic Agent Toxicity - 13 seconds ago
- Verelan and Endometriosis - 14 seconds ago
- Pexeva vs. Trazodone Hydrochloride - 15 seconds ago
- Calcium Pantothenate and Paracetamol drug interaction - 18 seconds ago