Lyrica and Simvastatin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lyrica and Simvastatin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lyrica and Simvastatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,880 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 25, 2017
3,880 people who take Lyrica, Simvastatin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Lyrica and Simvastatin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLyrica and Simvastatin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from Lyrica 143,331 users)
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 149,078 users)
Interactions between Lyrica and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Simvastatin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lyrica and Simvastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lyrica (pregabalin) is often used to treat fibromyalgia. Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lyrica is used in:
- Simvastatin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have been taking lyrica for 17 months & I am experiencing head tremors. If I go off lyrica, will these unwanted tremors stop?
- I take 300 mg of milk thistle once a day at noon and take simvastatin 10 mg once a day in evening at about 10 pm
- I was put on simvastatin in June 2017. Aug 25 2017 I woke up with double vision. Had Ct scan, MRI w/contrast, ultrasound of corodid artery and several blood tests all came back fine stopped simvastatin but still have diplopia how long will it last. Saw ophthalmologist also.
- I have been on Lyrica 50 mg for years. I was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis last year. The neuropathy in my feet has gotten worse and my Doctor upped my Lyrica to 150 mg. Instantaneously I had worse breathing issues. Lyrica was the only thing I could think of because I started the higher dose ...
- I have been taking Lyrica (150mg/day) for about 6 months and I took it once before for about 4 months. In both cases my triglycerides went up above the normal range. The first time, I weaned myself off of Lyrica and my triglycerides returned to normal. This time I'm wondering if there is ...
User reviews to the study
- I am trying to wean off depakote and go onto lyrica for pain. Initially 14 years ago I was put on depakote for being diagnosed with bipolar.....though I have only ever had on long episode. I suffer with chronic pain so I am trying Lyrica (which seems to be really helping my pain) and go slowly ...
- I have been experiencing breast pain and tenderness for a couple of years sporadically and it is really getting me down. I have previously sought treatment to rule out breast cancer Andy all tests have previously come back clear. I have been taking Simvastatin and a previous cholesterol drug ...
- If I go off Lyrica , will my burning mouth symptoms go away? I think I'd rather have nerve pain in my arm , than this burning mouth and lip pain! Has anyone stopped lyrica and the mouth pain went away?
- I was caught by surprise how high I got one time on a half of a 150 mg edible and 75 mg Lyrica. I couldn't move. I laid on the bed and tried to maintain, but it was quite difficult. Any recommendations?
- Hi. I'm 83 years old. have been taking Lamictal (250 mg/day) for about 6-7 years for peripheral neuropathy, both feet. Effectiveness is now minimal. Neurologist suggests I start taking Lyrica. He says I can wait 3 weeks (when I see him again) before titrating the lamictal down. anyone done ...