Maxalt and Cortef drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Maxalt and Cortef. Common interactions include ear infection among females.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Maxalt and Cortef have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17 people who take Maxalt and Cortef from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17 people who take Maxalt and Cortef together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Maxalt?
Maxalt has active ingredients of rizatriptan benzoate. It is often used in migraine. eHealthMe is studying from 11,450 Maxalt users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cortef?
Cortef has active ingredients of hydrocortisone. It is often used in addison's disease. eHealthMe is studying from 3,701 Cortef users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Maxalt and Cortef reports submitted per year:
Common Maxalt and Cortef drug interactions by gender *:
- Ear infection
- Ischaemic stroke
- Tooth fracture
Common Maxalt and Cortef drug interactions by age *:
- Transient ischaemic attack
- Cerebral ischaemia
- Cerebrovascular accident
- Ear infection
- Ischaemic stroke
- Blood glucose increased
Common conditions people have *:
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 4 people, 23.53%
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable: 3 people, 17.65%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 11.76%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 5.88%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 5.88%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1 person, 5.88%
- Pain: 1 person, 5.88%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 5.88%
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar): 1 person, 5.88%
- Hypogammaglobulinaemia (an abnormally low concentration of gamma globulin in the blood and increased risk of infection): 1 person, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Maxalt and Cortef?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Browse all drug interactions of Maxalt and Cortef:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Maxalt side effects:
- Migraine (headache): 985 reports
- Drug ineffective: 981 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 965 reports
- Pain: 706 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 702 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 596 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 570 reports
- Dizziness: 553 reports
Browse all side effects of Maxalt:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Cortef side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 586 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 377 reports
- Pain: 376 reports
- Diarrhea: 316 reports
- High blood pressure: 307 reports
- Weakness: 303 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 302 reports
- Drug ineffective: 289 reports
- Indigestion: 286 reports
Browse all side effects of Cortef:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Maxalt interactions:
- Maxalt and Topamax: 1,430 reports
- Maxalt and Xyrem: 1,303 reports
- Maxalt and Gabapentin: 1,067 reports
- Maxalt and Vitamin d: 972 reports
- Maxalt and Cymbalta: 937 reports
- Maxalt and Ibu: 927 reports
- Maxalt and Profen: 926 reports
- Maxalt and Prednisone: 854 reports
- Maxalt and Lyrica: 807 reports
- Maxalt and Zofran: 733 reports
Browse all interactions between Maxalt and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Cortef interactions:
- Cortef and Synthroid: 1,138 reports
- Cortef and Vitamin d: 380 reports
- Cortef and Prednisone: 319 reports
- Cortef and Aspirin: 283 reports
- Cortef and Florinef: 253 reports
- Cortef and Ddavp: 250 reports
- Cortef and Sandostatin: 248 reports
- Cortef and Zofran: 236 reports
- Cortef and Genotropin: 235 reports
- Cortef and Singulair: 205 reports
Browse all interactions between Cortef and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rizatriptan benzoate and hydrocortisone (the active ingredients of Maxalt and Cortef, respectively), and Maxalt and Cortef (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Maxalt and Cortef.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tylenol and Angioedema - 2 seconds ago
- Acetylsalicylic Acid and Cardiac Myxoma - 5 seconds ago
- Effexor Xr and Persistent Foetal Circulation - 22 seconds ago
- Enalapril Maleate and Carpal Tunnel Decompression - 33 seconds ago
- Sodium Chloride and Sense Of Oppression - 35 seconds ago
- Cipro Xr and Pataday drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Loperamide Hydrochloride vs. Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief - 44 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Blood Pressure Systolic Increased - 45 seconds ago
- Doxil and Normodyne drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Azathioprine and Ovarian Atrophy - a minute ago