Melatonin and Belsomra drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Melatonin and Belsomra. Common interactions include hypokalaemia among females and drug ineffective among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Melatonin and Belsomra have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 226 people who take Melatonin and Belsomra from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
226 people who take Melatonin and Belsomra together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Melatonin?
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. eHealthMe is studying from 43,180 Melatonin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Belsomra?
Belsomra has active ingredients of suvorexant. It is often used in insomnia. eHealthMe is studying from 11,698 Belsomra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Melatonin and Belsomra reports submitted per year:
Melatonin and Belsomra drug interactions by gender *:
Melatonin and Belsomra drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Melatonin and Belsomra?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Melatonin and Belsomra interactions:
- Drug ineffective: 61 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 12 reports
- Nightmares (unpleasant dreams): 7 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 5 reports
- Drowsiness: 4 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Melatonin and Belsomra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Melatonin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,807 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,371 reports
- Drug ineffective: 2,366 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,362 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2,236 reports
- Pain: 2,058 reports
- Weakness: 2,031 reports
- Dizziness: 2,016 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 2,002 reports
Browse all side effects of Melatonin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Belsomra side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 2,782 reports
- Nightmares (unpleasant dreams): 721 reports
- Drowsiness: 713 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 624 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 556 reports
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 364 reports
Browse all side effects of Belsomra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Melatonin interactions:
- Melatonin and Vitamin d: 7,492 reports
- Melatonin and Aspirin: 6,947 reports
- Melatonin and Gabapentin: 5,770 reports
- Melatonin and Omeprazole: 4,872 reports
- Melatonin and Vitamin d3: 4,597 reports
- Melatonin and Tylenol: 3,792 reports
- Melatonin and Prednisone: 3,753 reports
- Melatonin and Magnesium: 3,650 reports
- Melatonin and Vitamin b12: 3,496 reports
- Melatonin and Fish oil: 3,484 reports
Browse all interactions between Melatonin and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Belsomra interactions:
- Belsomra and Lyrica: 381 reports
- Belsomra and Vitamin d: 374 reports
- Belsomra and Ambien: 372 reports
- Belsomra and Zolpidem: 362 reports
- Belsomra and Lunesta: 354 reports
- Belsomra and Amlodipine: 353 reports
- Belsomra and Gabapentin: 352 reports
- Belsomra and Nexium: 342 reports
- Belsomra and Xyrem: 334 reports
- Belsomra and Rozerem: 332 reports
Browse all interactions between Belsomra and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on melatonin and suvorexant (the active ingredients of Melatonin and Belsomra, respectively), and Melatonin and Belsomra (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Melatonin and Belsomra.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Myelitis and Constipation - 2 seconds ago
- Naproxen and Death - 8 seconds ago
- Rosuvastatin Calcium and Dementia Alzheimer'S Type - 10 seconds ago
- Donepezil Hydrochloride and Rocephin drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Naprosyn and Bumetanide drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Cholestyramine and Prilosec Otc drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Eliquis and Generalised Erythema - 17 seconds ago
- Myelitis and Speech Impairment (Adult) - 19 seconds ago
- Hydroxyurea and Cardiopulmonary Failure - 21 seconds ago
- Vitamin C and Horizant drug interaction - 31 seconds ago