Methimazole and Melatonin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Methimazole and Melatonin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Methimazole and Melatonin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 24, 2017
8 people who take Methimazole, Melatonin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Methimazole and Melatonin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMethimazole and Melatonin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Methimazole has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism. (latest outcomes from Methimazole 2,924 users)
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Melatonin 12,276 users)
Interactions between Methimazole and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Melatonin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Methimazole and Melatonina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Methimazole (methimazole) is often used to treat hyperthyroidism. Melatonin (melatonin) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Methimazole is used in:
- Melatonin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I take Divalproex seizures, is it ok for me to take Melatonin for sleep? I took it once and got a good nights sleep but im not sure if it will cause more seizures or decrease them.
- I’ve had undiagnosed right ear pain intermittently for some time without any diagnosis obtainable from ENT or medical Doctors. Took 10mg of Melatonin for sleep aid for first time last night. I awoke at 3am with a level 10+ right ear ache. I thought of an ER visit, but laid on my right ear ...
- Recently, I fainted after taking 5mg of melatonin. Did I faint because I took too many mgs. Should I reduce mg or give it up altogether?
- Do you have any experience with melatonin therapy in acute Wrnicke encephalopathy?
- my son who is 7 years old has svt and takes verampimil for svt i was wondering if it was safe for him to take melatonin
User reviews to the study
- New to the group and have been going nuts trying to figure out why I had lost my sense of taste. A few months ago my pain management doc recommended it and it helps me get to sleep. I did a Google search on it and loss of taste, and boom! How long from when I stop taking it until my sense of ...
- I am trying to find out information on using Saphris and Melatonin together. My daughter Carol has been on Saphris for only 8 days now. 5mgs. twices a day. For two nights it helped her sleep, but now she is pacing day and night. She needs help and I am hoping for a more natural help rather than ...
- My lungs hurt and the cough is not fun. This has been happening for about 2 months now, shortly after I started taking melatonin on a regular bases. It is the only thing different I am taking. X-rays have been taken, I've been treated with antibiotics and Prednisones, no change. ENT is ruling ...
- Have been taking Tapazole for the past 4 years and have very bad dry mouth when I am sleeping. Getting any good sleep is pretty near impossible
- from about the time I started taking melatonin every night I seem to have started to fail to have erections for sex with my wife