Methotrexate and Plaquenil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Methotrexate and Plaquenil together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Methotrexate and Plaquenil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,985 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
11,985 people who take Methotrexate, Plaquenil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- Foetal exposure during pregnancy (exposing your unborn child to contraindicated in pregnancy leads birth defect)
- Pyrexia (fever)
- Congenital pyelocaliectasis (birth defect of upper urinary tract obstruction)
- Congenital spinal cord anomaly (abnormal spinal cord by birth)
- Viral upper respiratory tract infection
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Methotrexate and Plaquenil
- Subscribe to monitor Methotrexate
- Subscribe to monitor Plaquenil
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 234,889 users)
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 33,468 users)
Interactions between Methotrexate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Plaquenil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Methotrexate and Plaquenila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Methotrexate (638 members)
- Support group for people who take Plaquenil
- Support group for people who take Methotrexate and Plaquenil
You may be interested in these posts
- Went to rheumatologist last week. Showed her my smile. She wasn’t fazed!! I then told her about the connection between methotrexate & tooth loss SHE DIDNT BELIEVE IT! Then she said it was the prednisone! I Was shocked ! Either way she should have told me!! I’ve been going to her for 5...
- Want to find out what to use to stop snorring when on methotrexate
- This is the second time and I am looking for support.
- Suffering with a terrible stuffy nose what do other do to open their nasal passsges?
- Should I continue to use plaquenil if I have itching. I have Lupus and shogrens. I have macular degeneration . help!
- Will you have Chest Tightness Or Pressure with Amino Acids?
- Will you have Acute Psychosis with Arava?
- Will you have Headache with Advair Hfa?
- Will you have Labile Blood Pressure with Catapres-Tts-3?
- Will you have Nightmares with Biaxin Xl?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Amino Acids and have Chest Tightness Or Pressure?
- Support group for people who take Arava and have Acute Psychosis?
- Support group for people who take Advair Hfa and have Headache?
- Support group for people who take Catapres-Tts-3 and have Labile Blood Pressure?
- Support group for people who take Biaxin Xl and have Nightmares?
- My name is Al. I’m currently taking xarelto for a carotid artery dissection condition and I would...
- Hello. I have a yeast infection from increasing the dosage of Metoprolol. First, is there anyone...
- Hello! Looking forward to being a part of the group.
- Hi, Jane here., I have accid reflux with slurred speech. I lost my timing first and developed...
- I have been suffering from Vertigo for the past 3 years almost nonstop. A friend suggested it might...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.