Methotrexate and Plaquenil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Methotrexate and Plaquenil together. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,735 people who take Methotrexate and Plaquenil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
17,735 people who take Methotrexate, Plaquenil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- Foetal exposure during pregnancy (exposing your unborn child to contraindicated in pregnancy leads birth defect)
- Pyrexia (fever)
- Congenital pyelocaliectasis (birth defect of upper urinary tract obstruction)
- Congenital spinal cord anomaly (abnormal spinal cord by birth)
- Viral upper respiratory tract infection
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Methotrexate and Plaquenil?
You are not alone:
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 293,222 users)
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 42,979 users)
Interactions between Methotrexate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Plaquenil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Methotrexate and Plaquenila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
What would happen?
- Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride and Cachou drug interaction
- Metrocream and Arzerra drug interaction
- Will you have Scar with Coreg?
- Will you have Abdominal Pain with Abacavir Sulfate And Lamivudine?
- Will you have Stomachache with Abacavir Sulfate And Lamivudine?
- Will you have Pain - Abdomen with Abacavir Sulfate And Lamivudine?
- Will you have Belly Ache with Abacavir Sulfate And Lamivudine?
- Will you have Abdominal Cramps with Abacavir Sulfate And Lamivudine?
- Will you have Stomach Pain with Abacavir Sulfate And Lamivudine?
- Will you have Fistula with Actigall?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.