Mirena and Cipro drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Mirena and Cipro together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Mirena and Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 29, 2017
15 people who take Mirena, Cipro are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 2 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Mirena and Cipro?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMirena and Cipro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mirena has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Mirena 100,161 users)
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,056 users)
Interactions between Mirena and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Cipro and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Mirena and Ciproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used to treat birth control. Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mirena is used in:
- Cipro is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I had the Mirena IUD inserted about 6 weeks ago. About 4 weeks in I wet the bed. I was shocked, but cleaned up & put it out of my mind. About a week later it happened again, now I'm very concerned. I'll be seeing the Dr. soon ! SMH
- can ciprofloxacin side effects lead to lost of body weight ?
- I am a 45 yr old female recently diagnosised with Relapsing Polychondritis. I have used cipro as my primary antibiotic for ear and sinus infections since 2008 and occasionally used before then. Reaching out to see if any other's have had RP diagnosised after regularly using Cipro. By ...
- I was diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia in 2007 - the same year I started using Mirena. Have had two inserts in the last 10 years. Getting ready to have new insert put in. Just curious if anyone thinks by Dystonia could be caused by Mirena.
- I am wondering why you changed your website. I used to love seeing the graphs regarding a symptom and a drug. I am an RN and geriatric acre manager and I used to find your former website very helpful. The new one is not intuative and not nearly as helpful.
User reviews to the study
- My neck pain started after I had Mirena IUD placed. My doctor tells me it has no relationship but I am finding more on line that maybe it does?
- I am on mirena as have started getting dark patches on my cheeks. I want my IUD removed because of this but want to know if there is any chance at all that my skin will improve when I have it removed. Please someone give me something to grasp on to as it is really bothering me. My dark patches ...
- Hello! My father 79 years old took ciprofloxacin about 1,5 years ago for urinary infection reason and after the first pills he started feeling Bradykinesia, instability etc. He was just checked by neurologist and he informed us that he has parkinsonism syndrom. Please inform me if the specified ...
- I had the marina coil removed 14months ago after having in and renewed over 16yrs..my periods have not returned I have been trying for a baby the past 14 months. I've been told my fsh is high. And they believe I've been through my menopause and now want me to take hrt. I am not willing to five ...
- I had Mirena coil inserted for endometrial hyperplasia six months ago. I have been havingnight sweats, resulting in insomnia. Today I have felt strange in my vaginal region and think I could have a vaginal prolapse or the coil has slipped-can this happen? Do I contact GP?