Nexium and Augmentin '125' drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Nexium and Augmentin '125'. Common interactions include constipation among females and anaemia among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Nexium and Augmentin '125' have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 657 people who take Nexium and Augmentin '125' from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
657 people who take Nexium and Augmentin '125' together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Nexium?
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 235,991 Nexium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Augmentin '125'?
Augmentin '125' has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 10,452 Augmentin '125' users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Nexium and Augmentin '125' reports submitted per year:
Nexium and Augmentin '125' drug interactions by gender *:
Nexium and Augmentin '125' drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nexium and Augmentin '125'?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dr. Anthony Wong, "Esomeprazole and gynaecomastia in obese adults", WHO pharmaceuticals newsletter: 2019, No. 2, 2019 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Nexium (235,991 reports)
- Augmentin '125' (10,452 reports)
Common Nexium and Augmentin '125' interactions:
- Stress and anxiety: 120 reports
- Weakness: 113 reports
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 112 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 88 reports
- Swallowing difficulty: 83 reports
- Depression: 68 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 63 reports
- Constipation: 56 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 42 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Nexium and Augmentin '125':a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Nexium side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 60,817 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 23,403 reports
- Drug ineffective: 11,870 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 11,578 reports
- Pain: 11,140 reports
- Diarrhea: 9,841 reports
Browse all side effects of Nexium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Augmentin '125' side effects:
- Fever: 1,203 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,137 reports
- Pain: 919 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 906 reports
- Diarrhea: 881 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 805 reports
Browse all side effects of Augmentin '125':a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Nexium interactions:
- Nexium and Prilosec: 56,489 reports
- Nexium and Prevacid: 53,422 reports
- Nexium and Protonix: 47,449 reports
- Nexium and Dexilant: 31,647 reports
- Nexium and Prilosec otc: 28,739 reports
- Nexium and Prevacid 24 hr: 28,179 reports
- Nexium and Aspirin: 27,371 reports
- Nexium and Omeprazole: 21,639 reports
- Nexium and Lisinopril: 19,664 reports
- Nexium and Prednisone: 16,277 reports
Browse all interactions between Nexium and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Augmentin '125' interactions:
- Augmentin '125' and Lasix: 733 reports
- Augmentin '125' and Prednisone: 727 reports
- Augmentin '125' and Zometa: 675 reports
- Augmentin '125' and Acetaminophen: 655 reports
- Augmentin '125' and Aspirin: 573 reports
- Augmentin '125' and Omeprazole: 554 reports
- Augmentin '125' and Aredia: 548 reports
- Augmentin '125' and Lovenox: 517 reports
- Augmentin '125' and Amoxicillin: 506 reports
Browse all interactions between Augmentin '125' and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on esomeprazole magnesium and amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium (the active ingredients of Nexium and Augmentin '125', respectively), and Nexium and Augmentin '125' (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Nexium and Augmentin '125'.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Exforge and Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) - a second ago
- Zenpep and Heart Palpitations - 3 seconds ago
- Itraconazole and Bactrim drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Periostat and Proscar drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Reno-60 and Skin Discoloration - 6 seconds ago
- Voltaren and Laryngeal Nerve Damage - 20 seconds ago
- Mepron and Weight Increased - 21 seconds ago
- Turmeric and Tri-Sprintec drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Atropine Sulfate and Dermatitis Exfoliative Aggravated - 25 seconds ago
- Pepcid Rpd and Large Intestine Carcinoma - 29 seconds ago