Nicotrol and Xanax drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Nicotrol and Xanax. Common interactions include vomiting among females and headache among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Nicotrol and Xanax have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 118 people who take Nicotrol and Xanax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
118 people who take Nicotrol and Xanax together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Nicotrol?
Nicotrol has active ingredients of nicotine. eHealthMe is studying from 3,908 Nicotrol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Xanax?
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. eHealthMe is studying from 132,355 Xanax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Nicotrol and Xanax reports submitted per year:
Nicotrol and Xanax drug interactions by gender *:
Nicotrol and Xanax drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nicotrol and Xanax?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Nicotrol and Xanax interactions:
- Rashes (redness): 14 reports
- Drug ineffective: 11 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 7 reports
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 6 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Nicotrol and Xanax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Nicotrol side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 785 reports
- Cough: 227 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 222 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 221 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 170 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 167 reports
Browse all side effects of Nicotrol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Xanax side effects:
- Stress and anxiety: 10,999 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 10,095 reports
- Pain: 9,295 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,724 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 8,331 reports
- Depression: 7,767 reports
- Weakness: 7,724 reports
Browse all side effects of Xanax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Nicotrol interactions:
- Nicotrol and Chantix: 195 reports
- Nicotrol and Aspirin: 138 reports
- Nicotrol and Lisinopril: 125 reports
- Nicotrol and Gabapentin: 115 reports
Browse all interactions between Nicotrol and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Xanax interactions:
- Xanax and Aspirin: 12,036 reports
- Xanax and Ambien: 9,383 reports
- Xanax and Synthroid: 8,306 reports
- Xanax and Lasix: 8,163 reports
- Xanax and Zoloft: 8,022 reports
- Xanax and Prednisone: 7,888 reports
- Xanax and Lisinopril: 7,725 reports
- Xanax and Nexium: 7,529 reports
- Xanax and Cymbalta: 7,330 reports
- Xanax and Lyrica: 7,198 reports
Browse all interactions between Xanax and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nicotine and alprazolam (the active ingredients of Nicotrol and Xanax, respectively), and Nicotrol and Xanax (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Nicotrol and Xanax.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Taxotere and Dermatitis Exfoliative - now
- Nitrofurantoin and Hysterectomy - a second ago
- Esomeprazole Magnesium and Spinal Cord Trauma - 2 seconds ago
- Mirapex and Muscle Spasticity Aggravated - 6 seconds ago
- Adempas and Nabumetone drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic and Lung Infiltration - 27 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Rabeprazole drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Bactrim Ds and Anaemia - 32 seconds ago
- Labetalol Hydrochloride and Aspirin drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Atovaquone and Alendronic Acid drug interaction - 46 seconds ago