Omeprazole magnesium and Canasa drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Omeprazole magnesium and Canasa together.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Omeprazole magnesium and Canasa have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3 people who take the same drugs from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3 people who take Omeprazole magnesium and Canasa together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Omeprazole magnesium?
Omeprazole magnesium has active ingredients of omeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 6,374 Omeprazole magnesium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Canasa?
Canasa has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in ulcerative colitis. eHealthMe is studying from 1,600 Canasa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Omeprazole magnesium and Canasa reports submitted per year:
Common Omeprazole Magnesium and Canasa drug interactions by gender *:
- Chest discomfort
- Rhinitis allergic
Common Omeprazole Magnesium and Canasa drug interactions by age *:
- Chest discomfort
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Omeprazole magnesium and Canasa?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Jacobsson H, Eriksen J, Karlén P, "Mesalazine-induced renal calculi", The American journal of case reports, 2015 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Omeprazole magnesium (6,374 reports)
- Canasa (1,600 reports)
Browse all drug interactions of Omeprazole magnesium and Canasa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Omeprazole magnesium side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 2,420 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 683 reports
- Drug ineffective: 390 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 353 reports
- Diarrhea: 248 reports
- Interstitial nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 226 reports
- Pain: 176 reports
- Death: 159 reports
Browse all side effects of Omeprazole magnesium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Canasa side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 163 reports
- Diarrhea: 142 reports
- Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 130 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 115 reports
Browse all side effects of Canasa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Omeprazole magnesium interactions:
- Omeprazole magnesium and Prevacid: 2,896 reports
- Omeprazole magnesium and Nexium: 2,873 reports
- Omeprazole magnesium and Prilosec: 2,762 reports
- Omeprazole magnesium and Protonix: 2,748 reports
- Omeprazole magnesium and Prevacid 24 hr: 2,446 reports
- Omeprazole magnesium and Dexilant: 1,890 reports
- Omeprazole magnesium and Omeprazole: 1,874 reports
- Omeprazole magnesium and Pantoprazole: 1,341 reports
- Omeprazole magnesium and Lansoprazole: 897 reports
- Omeprazole magnesium and Aspirin: 798 reports
Browse all interactions between Omeprazole magnesium and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Canasa interactions:
- Canasa and Humira: 511 reports
- Canasa and Prednisone: 335 reports
- Canasa and Remicade: 152 reports
- Canasa and Vitamin d: 124 reports
- Canasa and Aspirin: 119 reports
- Canasa and Omeprazole: 117 reports
Browse all interactions between Canasa and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole magnesium and mesalamine (the active ingredients of Omeprazole magnesium and Canasa, respectively), and Omeprazole magnesium and Canasa (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Omeprazole magnesium and Canasa.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fluoxetine and Rhabdomyolysis - a second ago
- Calcium and Skin Atrophy - 37 seconds ago
- Azithromycin and Neupogen drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Tylenol and Scotoma - 53 seconds ago
- Amicar and Acetazolamide drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Csf White Blood Cell Count Positive and drugs of ingredients of clozapine - a minute ago
- Amicar and Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Gout in Lyrica, how severe and when it was recovered? - 2 minutes ago
- Tamsulosin and Shoulder Operation - 2 minutes ago
- Amicar and Acetaminophen drug interaction - 2 minutes ago