Oxycontin and Biaxin xl drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Oxycontin and Biaxin xl. Common interactions include bone fragmentation among females and nausea among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Oxycontin and Biaxin xl have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24 people who take Oxycontin and Biaxin xl from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
24 people who take Oxycontin and Biaxin xl together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Oxycontin?
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 207,744 Oxycontin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Biaxin xl?
Biaxin xl has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 763 Biaxin xl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Oxycontin and Biaxin xl reports submitted per year:
Common Oxycontin and Biaxin Xl drug interactions by gender *:
- Bone fragmentation
- Facial pain
- Jaw cyst
- Joint crepitation
- Joint range of motion decreased
- Temporomandibular joint syndrome
- Atrial fibrillation
- Balance disorder
- Cholecystitis infective
- Compression fracture
Common Oxycontin and Biaxin Xl drug interactions by age *:
- Hyperglycaemic hyperosmolar nonketotic syndrome
- Diabetes mellitus
- Neurogenic bladder
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Myocardial infarction
- Sleep apnoea syndrome
- Cardiac disorder
- Gastrointestinal disorder
- Choking sensation
- Coronary artery disease
- Dermatitis contact
- Dilatation ventricular
- Drug hypersensitivity
- Cholecystitis infective
- Compression fracture
- Dental caries
Common conditions people have *:
- Constipation: 11 people, 45.83%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 2 people, 8.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Oxycontin and Biaxin xl?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Browse all drug interactions of Oxycontin and Biaxin xl:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Oxycontin side effects:
- Pain: 55,550 reports
- Death: 25,919 reports
- Drug abuse and dependence: 11,544 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 10,262 reports
- Depression: 9,692 reports
- Drug abuse: 9,171 reports
Browse all side effects of Oxycontin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Oxycontin interactions:
- Oxycontin and Dilaudid: 55,392 reports
- Oxycontin and Ms contin: 50,493 reports
- Oxycontin and Percocet: 37,158 reports
- Oxycontin and Butrans: 31,442 reports
- Oxycontin and Hysingla: 28,459 reports
- Oxycontin and Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen: 27,152 reports
- Oxycontin and Opana: 27,065 reports
- Oxycontin and Duragesic: 25,706 reports
- Oxycontin and Opana er: 25,287 reports
- Oxycontin and Actiq: 24,131 reports
Browse all interactions between Oxycontin and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on oxycodone hydrochloride and clarithromycin (the active ingredients of Oxycontin and Biaxin xl, respectively), and Oxycontin and Biaxin xl (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Oxycontin and Biaxin xl.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pepcid Ac and Anaemia - a second ago
- Dipyridamole and Ciclosporin drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Benicar and Invokana drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Pristiq vs. Divalproex Sodium - 25 seconds ago
- Gallstones and drugs of ingredients of dicloxacillin sodium - 40 seconds ago
- Sulindac and Renal Injury - 43 seconds ago
- Vyvanse vs. Methylin - 53 seconds ago
- Vasotec and Calcium Chloride drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Topiramate and Pristiq drug interaction - a minute ago
- Dimenhydrinate and Prochlorperazine Maleate drug interaction - a minute ago