Oxytrol and Ambien drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Oxytrol and Ambien. Common interactions include arthropathy among females and fatigue among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Oxytrol and Ambien have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 41 people who take Oxytrol and Ambien from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
41 people who take Oxytrol and Ambien together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Oxytrol?
Oxytrol has active ingredients of oxybutyin. It is often used in urge incontinence. eHealthMe is studying from 1,192 Oxytrol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ambien?
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. eHealthMe is studying from 89,799 Ambien users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Oxytrol and Ambien reports submitted per year:
Common Oxytrol and Ambien drug interactions by gender *:
- Atrophic vulvovaginitis
- Back disorder
- Back pain
- Bladder disorder
- Blood glucose decreased
- Blood glucose increased
- Blood pressure increased
- Emotional distress
- Erectile dysfunction
- Gastric ulcer
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease
- Hypertonic bladder
Common Oxytrol and Ambien drug interactions by age *:
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Emotional distress
- General physical health deterioration
- Pulmonary embolism
- Depressed mood
- Embolic stroke
- International normalised ratio increased
- Bladder cancer
- Blood cholesterol increased
- Blood pressure increased
- Rectal prolapse
- Visual acuity reduced
- Abdominal pain
- Opportunistic infection
- Joint sprain
- Kidney infection
- Multiple sclerosis relapse
- Muscle spasms
- Pain in extremity
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 15 people, 36.59%
- Pain: 10 people, 24.39%
- Diabetes: 9 people, 21.95%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 19.51%
- Parkinson's Disease: 8 people, 19.51%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 8 people, 19.51%
- Hypertonic Bladder (bladder-storage function that causes a sudden urge to urinate): 7 people, 17.07%
- Dizziness: 7 people, 17.07%
- Drowsiness: 7 people, 17.07%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 7 people, 17.07%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Oxytrol and Ambien?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hsu FG, Sheu MJ, Lin CL, Hsieh YW, Lai SW, "Use of Zolpidem and Risk of Acute Pyelonephritis in Women: A Population‐Based Case‐Control Study in Taiwan", The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2017 Mar .
- Lin SC, Su YC, Huang YS, Lee CC, "Zolpidem increased cancer risk in patients with sleep disorder: A 3-year follow-up study", Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016 Mar .
- Sun Y, Lin CC, Lu CJ, Hsu CY, Kao CH, "Association between zolpidem and suicide: a nationwide population-based case-control study", InMayo Clinic Proceedings, 2016 Mar .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Zolpidem use associated with increased risk of pyogenic liver abscess: a case-control study in Taiwan", Medicine, 2015 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Oxytrol and Ambien interactions:
Browse all drug interactions of Oxytrol and Ambien:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Ambien interactions:
Browse all interactions between Ambien and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on oxybutyin and zolpidem tartrate (the active ingredients of Oxytrol and Ambien, respectively), and Oxytrol and Ambien (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Oxytrol and Ambien.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Acamprosate Calcium and Fatigue - now
- Milk Of Magnesia and Anhedonia - a second ago
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Ototoxicity - 13 seconds ago
- Finasteride and Ezetimibe drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Zopiclone and Arthropathy - 28 seconds ago
- Aneurysm and drugs of ingredients of famotidine - 34 seconds ago
- Bifidum and Cetirizine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Bicalutamide vs. Hytrin - 41 seconds ago
- Lotrel and Biopsy Breast Abnormal - 59 seconds ago
- Aredia and Cervical Polyp - a minute ago