Prednisone and Vitamin d drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Prednisone and Vitamin d. Common interactions include arthropathy among females and fatigue among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Prednisone and Vitamin d have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,822 people who take Prednisone and Vitamin d from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
24,822 people who take Prednisone and Vitamin d together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 531,372 Prednisone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Vitamin d?
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in low vitamin d. eHealthMe is studying from 234,910 Vitamin d users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Prednisone and Vitamin d reports submitted per year:
Prednisone and Vitamin d drug interactions by gender *:
Prednisone and Vitamin d drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisone and Vitamin d?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kapoor S, "Influence of Vitamin D Consumption and Levels on the Development of Psychiatric Disorders", Lee, Y. J., & Park, K. (2018). Secondary Raynaud’s Phenomenon and Skin Necrosis of Toes in the Paraplegic Patient with Hypertension.?Drug safety-case reports,?5(1), 7., 2014 Aug .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Prednisone (531,372 reports)
- Vitamin d (234,910 reports)
Common Prednisone and Vitamin d interactions:
- Pain: 1,811 reports
- Joint pain: 1,169 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,159 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,126 reports
- Cough: 794 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 730 reports
- Rashes (redness): 582 reports
- Diarrhea: 460 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Prednisone and Vitamin d:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Prednisone side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 66,683 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 46,071 reports
- Pain: 44,380 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 39,929 reports
- Joint pain: 38,003 reports
- Rashes (redness): 31,608 reports
- Diarrhea: 31,577 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 29,377 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Vitamin d side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 23,634 reports
- Diarrhea: 15,827 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 14,927 reports
- Drug ineffective: 14,811 reports
- Pain: 13,884 reports
- Weakness: 12,993 reports
- Dizziness: 12,165 reports
- Joint pain: 11,351 reports
Browse all side effects of Vitamin d:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Prednisone interactions:
- Prednisone and Methotrexate: 112,716 reports
- Prednisone and Humira: 69,333 reports
- Prednisone and Enbrel: 57,599 reports
- Prednisone and Cyclophosphamide: 37,455 reports
- Prednisone and Aspirin: 35,555 reports
- Prednisone and Omeprazole: 34,699 reports
- Prednisone and Remicade: 33,882 reports
- Prednisone and Pantoprazole: 31,675 reports
- Prednisone and Actemra: 29,225 reports
- Prednisone and Xeljanz: 28,207 reports
Browse all interactions between Prednisone and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Vitamin d interactions:
- Vitamin d and Aspirin: 44,563 reports
- Vitamin d and Calcium: 40,272 reports
- Vitamin d and Vitamin b12: 31,369 reports
- Vitamin d and Gabapentin: 24,901 reports
- Vitamin d and Vitamin c: 24,265 reports
- Vitamin d and Omeprazole: 23,671 reports
- Vitamin d and Fish oil: 22,083 reports
- Vitamin d and Lisinopril: 21,958 reports
- Vitamin d and Magnesium: 18,926 reports
Browse all interactions between Vitamin d and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisone and ergocalciferol (the active ingredients of Prednisone and Vitamin d, respectively), and Prednisone and Vitamin d (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Prednisone and Vitamin d.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Inderal La and Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods - 12 seconds ago
- Astepro vs. Atarax - 32 seconds ago
- Strattera and Nyquil drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Plavix and Flonase drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Cialis and Atherosclerosis - 46 seconds ago
- Imuran and Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease Exacerbated - 51 seconds ago
- Tranexamic Acid and Fever - a minute ago
- Fludara and Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma - a minute ago
- Delsym and Advil Cold And Sinus drug interaction - a minute ago
- Fuzeon and Hydrocephalus - a minute ago