Prilosec and Premarin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Prilosec and Premarin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Prilosec and Premarin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,233 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 03, 2017
3,233 people who take Prilosec, Premarin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePrilosec and Premarin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 86,734 users)
Premarin has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy. (latest outcomes from Premarin 81,545 users)
Interactions between Prilosec and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Premarin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Prilosec and Premarina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Prilosec (omeprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Premarin (estrogens, conjugated) is often used to treat hormone replacement therapy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prilosec is used in:
- Premarin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I am 64 and have been taking Premarin .3 for 10 years with absolutely no problems. I had a partial hysterectomy (still have ovaries) about 23 years ago. I started taking 1 pill every other day to start weaning off and after 6 weeks my ankles started swelling, feet and hands turn red and are very ...
- I have kidney cysts on each kidney. I had stone surgery. I was wondering if the medicine Prilosec is the cause.
- I had three Dermatofibromas that took 10 years to develop. However, within the last four months (when I started taking Prilosec daily), I'm now up to 15. I have read that when you have more than 15 DF's and they are developing within a short period of time, that qualifies as Multiple ...
- I have been taking Premarian for about 3 years. I was wondering if one of the side effects is hair loss.
- Recently diagnosed with Sjogrens disease in May, 2015. Have been on a maintenance dose of lamictal for 2 years. Began the pilocarpine in May, 2015. REcently in the past month developed the bloating, constipation. I have had endoscopy and esophagram procedures with no issues reported. Any help or ...
User reviews to the study
- my doctor switched me to Premarin because old estrogen was not working anymore and my menopausal symptoms..severe ones, all returned) . I have taken it for only 5 days and I have had intermittent itching, no skin rash just itching but it is making me crazy. Has anyone else had this at the ...
- I have been taking Prilosec for several years. For approximately one month, I have experienced episodes of intermittent feelings that feel like my heart is fluttering, throughout the day. Haven't contacted my doctor about it yet. Read an article today, suggesting that it may be caused by ...
- Well my name is Jeremy. Been on prilosec for 4-5 years and I've started to experience kidney stones.
- I have been taking Prilosec daily (after attempting to obliterate small intestinal bacterial overgrowth - SIBO - with antibiotics) since last November, for approximately four months. Prilosec has brought me a lot of relief as far as controlling stomach pains, acid reflux and ...
- I've been taking prilosec per Dr. prescription for 1 year. I had a week with finger and toe and calf cramping then it went away(mostly). How can I prevent it from coming back?