Protonix and Lovastatin drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Protonix and Lovastatin. Common interactions include constipation among females and chronic kidney disease among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Protonix and Lovastatin have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,194 people who take Protonix and Lovastatin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,194 people who take Protonix and Lovastatin together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Protonix?
Protonix has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 127,294 Protonix users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lovastatin?
Lovastatin has active ingredients of lovastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 31,014 Lovastatin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Protonix and Lovastatin reports submitted per year:
Protonix and Lovastatin drug interactions by gender *:
Protonix and Lovastatin drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Protonix and Lovastatin?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Protonix (127,294 reports)
- Lovastatin (31,014 reports)
Common Protonix and Lovastatin interactions:
- Weakness: 45 reports
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 21 reports
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 12 reports
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 9 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Protonix and Lovastatin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Protonix side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 41,674 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 15,351 reports
- Pain: 6,681 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6,431 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 5,536 reports
- Diarrhea: 5,532 reports
Browse all side effects of Protonix:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Lovastatin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,020 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,992 reports
- Weakness: 1,652 reports
- Dizziness: 1,584 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,575 reports
- Pain: 1,557 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,521 reports
Browse all side effects of Lovastatin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Protonix interactions:
- Protonix and Nexium: 47,449 reports
- Protonix and Prilosec: 44,471 reports
- Protonix and Prevacid: 42,574 reports
- Protonix and Nexium 24hr: 29,743 reports
- Protonix and Dexilant: 28,649 reports
- Protonix and Prevacid 24 hr: 23,707 reports
- Protonix and Prilosec otc: 23,198 reports
- Protonix and Aspirin: 19,201 reports
- Protonix and Omeprazole: 15,717 reports
- Protonix and Lisinopril: 13,604 reports
Browse all interactions between Protonix and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Lovastatin interactions:
- Lovastatin and Aspirin: 6,964 reports
- Lovastatin and Lisinopril: 6,561 reports
- Lovastatin and Metformin: 5,146 reports
- Lovastatin and Omeprazole: 3,886 reports
- Lovastatin and Furosemide: 3,102 reports
- Lovastatin and Amlodipine: 2,929 reports
- Lovastatin and Gabapentin: 2,846 reports
- Lovastatin and Zide: 2,526 reports
- Lovastatin and Hydrochlorothiazide: 2,512 reports
- Lovastatin and Atenolol: 2,383 reports
Browse all interactions between Lovastatin and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pantoprazole sodium and lovastatin (the active ingredients of Protonix and Lovastatin, respectively), and Protonix and Lovastatin (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Protonix and Lovastatin.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Avodart and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - 7 seconds ago
- Amiodarone Hydrochloride and Hyperglycemia - 10 seconds ago
- Cartia Xt and Photosensitivity Reaction - 15 seconds ago
- Diazepam vs. Gaba - 46 seconds ago
- Constipation in Acetyl L-Carnitine Hydrochloride, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Zovia 1/35E-28 vs. Depo-Estradiol - a minute ago
- Wellbutrin and Pneumonia - a minute ago
- Questran vs. Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride And Atropine Sulfate - 2 minutes ago
- Mylicon and Clostridium Difficile Colitis - 2 minutes ago
- Ondansetron and Facial Spasm - 2 minutes ago