Ritalin and Norvasc drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Ritalin and Norvasc together. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 342 people who take Ritalin and Norvasc from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and find Care Guides (see testimonials).
342 people who take Ritalin, Norvasc are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
- Abnormal dreams
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- Barrett's oesophagus (barrett's oesophagus is a disorder in which the lining of the oesophagus (the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach) is damaged by stomach acid and changed to a lining similar to that of the stomach)
- Drug ineffective
- Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Are you new to Ritalin and Norvasc or have questions?
On eHealthMe, Care Guides are people who "have been there". Many of them have been living or working with a drug, a condition, or both for a long time and gained substantial experience. Follow a Care Guide below to get answers between doctor visits, and guidance in everyday life.
Volunteer or get paid to help people with your care experience
Do you take Ritalin and Norvasc?
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 20,798 users)
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 112,410 users)
Interactions between Ritalin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Norvasc and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Ritalin and Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Boschee T, DO PGY II, "Acute Hallucinations: Where Did That Come From?", , 2007 Jan .
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
- Will you have Chemical Burn Or Reaction with Androgel?
- What to expect when you take Lipitor and have Protein Urine Present?
- Will you have Exanthem with Osteoarthritis?
- Zepatier and Sudafed 24 Hour drug interaction
- Will you have Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma Metastatic with Xarelto?
- Will you have Lump In The Neck with Metronidazole?
- Will you have Dyspnea Exertional with Clonidine?
- Will you have Dyspnoea Exertional with Clonidine?
- Cytomel and Daffodil drug interaction
- Thiamine Hcl and Radix Angelicae drug interaction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.