Ritalin and Norvasc drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Ritalin and Norvasc together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Ritalin and Norvasc. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 305 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
305 people who take Ritalin, Norvasc are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
- Abdominal pain upper
- Blood cholesterol increased
- Cerebrovascular accident (sudden death of some brain cells due to lack of oxygen when the blood flow to the brain is impaired by blockage or rupture)
- Emotional distress
- Myocardial infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)
- Sleep apnoea syndrome (a sleep-related disorder in which the effort to breathe is diminished or absent)
- Blood cholesterol increased
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ritalin with Norvasc?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 18,721 users)
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 105,684 users)
Interactions between Ritalin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Norvasc and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Ritalin and Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Boschee T, DO PGY II, "Acute Hallucinations: Where Did That Come From?", , 2007 Jan .
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ritalin (169 members)
- Support group for people who take Norvasc
- Support group for people who take Ritalin and Norvasc
You may be interested in these posts
- Wondering why it happens. I thought methylphenidate lead to symptoms of flushing or increased metabolism. Feels like my food and water isn't passing through my stomach
- Why do i get dry mouth when I take about 3-4 of my methylphenidate IR 20mg? I know its a side effect of the drug Ritalin, but why is it? What does it do to the inside of the body after a person takes it?
- When I was 20 years old my mother confessed that she traded sex with my doctor and pharmacist to keep my brother and i on Ritalin for 10 years. Checking the "Big Pill Book" I discovered that the three of them illegally kept me on it at 3 times the legal adult dose. I am now in my 50s and have...
- What are the side effects for prevpac and amlodipine besylate? First time taking this. What do i expect? If i need an approval from my doc, it must be a reason
- Urine retentionnon concerta but only when the does is 72mg daily as opposed to 36mg
- Will you have Kidney Failure with Bitter Melon?
- Will you have Eye Disorder with Lorazepam?
- Will you have Dysrhythmias with Plaquenil?
- Will you have Vascular Rupture with Tamiflu?
- Will you have Hypertension with Milk Thistle?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Bitter Melon and have Kidney Failure?
- Support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Eye Disorder?
- Support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Dysrhythmias?
- Support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Vascular Rupture?
- Support group for people who take Milk Thistle and have Hypertension?
- What to expect when you take Bitter Melon and have Kidney Failure?
- What to expect when you take Lorazepam and have Eye Disorder?
- What to expect when you take Plaquenil and have Dysrhythmias?
- What to expect when you take Tamiflu and have Vascular Rupture?
- What to expect when you take Milk Thistle and have Hypertension?
- A study for a 32 year old woman who takes Humira
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide
- A study for a 17 year old boy who takes Intuniv
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Tessalon
- A study for a 25 year old woman who takes Risperidone, Prozac, Trileptal, Cocaine Plant
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.