Singulair and Macrobid drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Singulair and Macrobid. Common interactions include eosinophilia among females and drug exposure during pregnancy among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Singulair and Macrobid have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 351 people who take Singulair and Macrobid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
351 people who take Singulair and Macrobid together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Singulair?
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 124,066 Singulair users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Macrobid?
Macrobid has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection. eHealthMe is studying from 8,852 Macrobid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Singulair and Macrobid reports submitted per year:
Singulair and Macrobid drug interactions by gender *:
Singulair and Macrobid drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Singulair and Macrobid?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Singulair and Macrobid interactions:
- Drug ineffective: 68 reports
- Oedema peripheral (superficial swelling): 64 reports
- Joint pain: 32 reports
- Dizziness: 24 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 13 reports
- Fever: 11 reports
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 10 reports
- High blood pressure: 9 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Singulair and Macrobid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Singulair side effects:
- Asthma: 15,229 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 14,796 reports
- Cough: 9,131 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9,051 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 8,571 reports
- Drug ineffective: 7,681 reports
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 7,374 reports
Browse all side effects of Singulair:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Macrobid side effects:
- Urinary tract infection: 1,352 reports
- Pain: 837 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 765 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 672 reports
- Weakness: 633 reports
- Dizziness: 607 reports
Browse all side effects of Macrobid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Singulair interactions:
- Singulair and Prednisone: 17,522 reports
- Singulair and Albuterol: 16,932 reports
- Singulair and Symbicort: 12,879 reports
- Singulair and Xolair: 12,868 reports
- Singulair and Spiriva: 12,144 reports
- Singulair and Advair hfa: 11,284 reports
- Singulair and Zyrtec: 10,983 reports
- Singulair and Aspirin: 10,584 reports
- Singulair and Synthroid: 8,876 reports
- Singulair and Flonase: 8,542 reports
Browse all interactions between Singulair and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Macrobid interactions:
- Macrobid and Prednisone: 863 reports
- Macrobid and Aspirin: 848 reports
- Macrobid and Tylenol: 681 reports
- Macrobid and Synthroid: 622 reports
- Macrobid and Vitamin d: 592 reports
- Macrobid and Gabapentin: 546 reports
- Macrobid and Lisinopril: 516 reports
- Macrobid and Levaquin: 509 reports
- Macrobid and Prilosec: 507 reports
- Macrobid and Albuterol: 495 reports
Browse all interactions between Macrobid and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on montelukast sodium and nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline (the active ingredients of Singulair and Macrobid, respectively), and Singulair and Macrobid (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Singulair and Macrobid.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cipro and Conjunctival Haemorrhage - 34 seconds ago
- Methotrexate Sodium and Acute Pulmonary Histoplasmosis - 42 seconds ago
- Loraz and Paracetamol Increased - 44 seconds ago
- Gastric Cancer and Ocular Hyperaemia - 45 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Diabeta drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Ramipril and Ultiva drug interaction - a minute ago
- Lorazepam and Incision Site Haematoma - a minute ago
- Fentanyl Citrate and Uterine Atony - a minute ago
- Xolair and Kidney Stones - a minute ago
- Dynacirc and Stress Urinary Incontinence - a minute ago