Singulair and Vytorin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Singulair and Vytorin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Singulair and Vytorin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 523 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
523 people who take Singulair, Vytorin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Singulair and Vytorin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSingulair and Vytorin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Singulair 69,933 users)
Vytorin has active ingredients of ezetimibe; simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Vytorin 17,374 users)
Interactions between Singulair and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Vytorin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Singulair and Vytorina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Singulair (montelukast sodium) is often used to treat asthma. Vytorin (ezetimibe; simvastatin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Singulair is used in:
- Vytorin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I was recently diagnosed with CLL. I did not have any history of slightly elevated white blood cell count (19,000). My last unrelated blood work up for angiogram which very little blockage, not reguireing treatment. Also had adnormal bone marrow biopsy result. Started taking COQ10 stortly ...
- I have intense itching and think it's related to Vitorin. Anyone else experience this?
- Excessive sweating, especially of my scalp, face, neck to the point that it runs off of my chin. When I walk from a fairly cool room (72 degrees) into a warmer room (80 degrees) the sweat starts rolling out of my hair, going into my eyes!! I'm a 58 year old female and have had this horrible ...
- I am starting a rash and would like to know if I can take Benadryl, I also have Zyrtec. Do not want to disturb the doctor unless necessary, it is 12 midnight
- Been wondering about my nausea and feeling of my throat tightening
User reviews to the study
- After taking Singular for 6 days, tingling hands and numbness occurred with no relief. Does this sensation go away in time?
- My son is 7 years now and he was taking singulair for almost 4 years but he stopped it eventually and he suffers now from alopecia areata. Is taking singulair related to have alopecia areata? and if so,? If he stopped taking singulair his hair will return back again?
- Been put on this med to help with chronic urticatia nothing is working to take hives away i am a bit scared because of all these bad side affects also suffer with allergies to some medications any help or advise please
- Hello Everyone, my name is Robbi Vee and I live in the Washington, DC area. I am prior military, now am a military spouse. I am also a thyroid cancer survivor of 10 years-WHOOHOO! However, I am still dealing will the ongoing challenges and frustrations of weight management! I am truly hoping I ...
- I am getting severe soreness and muscle aches and have been taking singular for about one year. I am interested in knowing if anyone else feels this or should I explore other reasons for this worsening soreness in my joints.