Somatuline depot and Zolpidem drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Somatuline depot and Zolpidem. Common interactions include hospitalisation among females and diarrhoea among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Somatuline depot and Zolpidem have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10 people who take Somatuline depot and Zolpidem from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10 people who take Somatuline depot and Zolpidem together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Somatuline depot?
Somatuline depot has active ingredients of lanreotide acetate. It is often used in acromegaly. eHealthMe is studying from 4,024 Somatuline depot users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Zolpidem?
Zolpidem has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. eHealthMe is studying from 82,927 Zolpidem users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Somatuline depot and Zolpidem reports submitted per year:
Common Somatuline Depot and Zolpidem drug interactions by gender *:
- Upper limb fracture
- Weight decreased
- Abdominal distension
- Injection site mass
- Injection site pain
- Ligament pain
Common Somatuline Depot and Zolpidem drug interactions by age *:
- Upper limb fracture
- Weight decreased
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Blood sodium decreased
- Lower limb fracture
Common conditions people have *:
- Carcinoid Syndrome (syndrome includes flushing and diarrhoea, and, less frequently, heart failure and bronchoconstriction): 2 people, 20.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 10.00%
- Neuroendocrine Tumor: 1 person, 10.00%
- Metastatic Carcinoid Tumor: 1 person, 10.00%
- Hypothalamo-Pituitary Disorder (loss of function in an endocrine gland due to failure of the pituitary gland to secrete hormones which stimulate that gland's function): 1 person, 10.00%
- Gastrointestinal Inflammation (inflammation of stomach and intestine): 1 person, 10.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 10.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Somatuline depot and Zolpidem?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hsu FG, Sheu MJ, Lin CL, Hsieh YW, Lai SW, "Use of Zolpidem and Risk of Acute Pyelonephritis in Women: A Population‐Based Case‐Control Study in Taiwan", The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2017 Mar .
- Lin SC, Su YC, Huang YS, Lee CC, "Zolpidem increased cancer risk in patients with sleep disorder: A 3-year follow-up study", Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016 Mar .
- Sun Y, Lin CC, Lu CJ, Hsu CY, Kao CH, "Association between zolpidem and suicide: a nationwide population-based case-control study", InMayo Clinic Proceedings, 2016 Mar .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Zolpidem use associated with increased risk of pyogenic liver abscess: a case-control study in Taiwan", Medicine, 2015 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Browse all drug interactions of Somatuline depot and Zolpidem:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Somatuline depot interactions:
- Somatuline depot and Amlodipine: 109 reports
- Somatuline depot and Aspirin: 157 reports
- Somatuline depot and Lisinopril: 163 reports
- Somatuline depot and Metformin: 164 reports
- Somatuline depot and Somavert: 152 reports
- Somatuline depot and Synthroid: 157 reports
- Somatuline depot and Vitamin d: 198 reports
Browse all interactions between Somatuline depot and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zolpidem interactions:
Browse all interactions between Zolpidem and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lanreotide acetate and zolpidem tartrate (the active ingredients of Somatuline depot and Zolpidem, respectively), and Somatuline depot and Zolpidem (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Somatuline depot and Zolpidem.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Buscopan and Septic Shock - 3 seconds ago
- Dextrostat and Viral Pharyngitis - 4 seconds ago
- Chromium and Centrum drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Miralax and Phenytoin drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Lamisil and Vitiligo Aggravated - 24 seconds ago
- Torsemide and Ibuprofen drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Solu-Cortef and Viral Haemorrhagic Cystitis - 38 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Intentional Self-Injury - a minute ago
- Darvocet-N 100 and Cytotec drug interaction - a minute ago
- Diaphragm Muscle Weakness and johnson and johnson covid vaccine - a minute ago