Spironolactone and Vioxx drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Spironolactone and Vioxx. Common interactions include headache among females and dyspnoea among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Spironolactone and Vioxx have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 322 people who take Spironolactone and Vioxx from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
322 people who take Spironolactone and Vioxx together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Spironolactone?
Spironolactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 102,034 Spironolactone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Vioxx?
Vioxx has active ingredients of rofecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 109,849 Vioxx users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Spironolactone and Vioxx reports submitted per year:
Spironolactone and Vioxx drug interactions by gender *:
Spironolactone and Vioxx drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Spironolactone and Vioxx?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Spironolactone (102,034 reports)
- Vioxx (109,849 reports)
Common Spironolactone and Vioxx interactions:
- Depression: 41 reports
- Joint pain: 35 reports
- Chest pain: 23 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Spironolactone and Vioxx:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Spironolactone side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 8,125 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6,809 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 5,698 reports
- Diarrhea: 5,440 reports
- Dizziness: 5,097 reports
- Weakness: 4,928 reports
Browse all side effects of Spironolactone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Vioxx side effects:
- Heart attack: 33,541 reports
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 24,347 reports
- High blood pressure: 13,957 reports
- Chest pain: 11,792 reports
- Coronary heart disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 8,606 reports
- Depression: 7,964 reports
Browse all side effects of Vioxx:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Spironolactone interactions:
- Spironolactone and Furosemide: 34,324 reports
- Spironolactone and Aspirin: 15,329 reports
- Spironolactone and Omeprazole: 11,226 reports
- Spironolactone and Lasix: 10,837 reports
- Spironolactone and Metformin: 10,504 reports
- Spironolactone and Carvedilol: 10,246 reports
- Spironolactone and Lisinopril: 9,050 reports
- Spironolactone and Pantoprazole: 8,681 reports
- Spironolactone and Digoxin: 8,612 reports
- Spironolactone and Amlodipine: 7,729 reports
Browse all interactions between Spironolactone and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Vioxx interactions:
- Vioxx and Celebrex: 8,229 reports
- Vioxx and Lipitor: 5,241 reports
- Vioxx and Tylenol: 4,086 reports
- Vioxx and Zocor: 3,810 reports
- Vioxx and Prilosec: 3,532 reports
- Vioxx and Synthroid: 3,484 reports
- Vioxx and Premarin: 3,480 reports
- Vioxx and Bextra: 3,326 reports
- Vioxx and Prevacid: 3,270 reports
- Vioxx and Lasix: 3,140 reports
Browse all interactions between Vioxx and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on spironolactone and rofecoxib (the active ingredients of Spironolactone and Vioxx, respectively), and Spironolactone and Vioxx (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Spironolactone and Vioxx.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aleve Pm and Xanax drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Celexa and Haemorrhage Neonatal - 5 seconds ago
- Estradiol and Ankylosing Spondylitis - 6 seconds ago
- Promethazine and Vitamin D3 drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Robaxin and Niacin drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Nexplanon and Dry Skin - 7 seconds ago
- Tasigna and Gabapentin drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Losartan and Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus - 22 seconds ago
- Levitra and Effient drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Lidocaine And Prilocaine and Tumor - 26 seconds ago