Sprintec and Implanon drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Sprintec and Implanon together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Sprintec and Implanon. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 30, 2017
4 people who take Sprintec, Implanon are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Sprintec and Implanon?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSprintec and Implanon from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Sprintec has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Sprintec 2,233 users)
Implanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Implanon 9,826 users)
Interactions between Sprintec and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Implanon and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Sprintec and Implanona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate) is often used to treat birth control. Implanon (etonogestrel) is often used to treat birth control. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Sprintec is used in:
- Implanon is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- i have the implanon and my doctor prescribe me pregabalin. could i get pregnent?
- I have had my implanon in for 16 months and my hair is starting to fall out like crazy. I just want to know if after I get it removed tomorrow will my hair go back. Cause the things I have read on the web women are saying their hair never grea back. I will be so upset. Please help
- I have mild acute pancreatitis. I did some research and discovered that implanon can cause pancreatitis,so I had it removed yesterday in hopes my symptoms will subside. Does anyone have experience with this?
- I had the implanon implant removed over 3 years ago and straight away my middle finger would not move. Within 24 hours the paralysis spread to my whole left side and after collapsing whilst trying to walk I was taken to hospital with a suspected stroke. However my brain scans were normal and ...
- I took sprintec for 2 months and then I developed hp's and I was wondering do they ever get better or go away? I have stopped taking them but I'm still having them. Super worried.
User reviews to the study
- Had panic attack this morning for the first time ever. Went off of sprintec for awhile because I needed to go to the doctor to get refill. Only went off for about a month and went back on 2 days ago.
- I had my Nexaplon put in last April and was diagnosed with diabetes insipidus in October. Has anyone else had this issue? My doctor states there is no correlation, but I am not sure.
- I have been on implanon for the last 6 months to help me with my monthly period where I would experience extremely heavy flows and have severe dysmenorrhea that would completely knock me out and make me faint. I have endometriosis and adenomyosis as well as fibroids. I also had an iron ...
- I was encouraged to have Norplant when I was young and on government assistance back in 1991. I kept it in for the full time even though I had side effects, I just dealt with them. When I had this removed that's when the side effects really start. My teeth started to break in little pieces ...
- I was on implanon for two years. In the last three months before removal I've had heavy periods. Then three months after, I got pregnant and 8 weeks later on my first doctor appointment I was diagnostic with blighted ovum. I had several side affects while on implanon and I know I wonder if the ...