Suboxone and Depakote drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Suboxone and Depakote together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Suboxone and Depakote. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 71 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
71 people who take Suboxone, Depakote are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Suboxone and Depakote?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSuboxone and Depakote from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Suboxone has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride; naloxone hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from Suboxone 17,545 users)
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Depakote 41,207 users)
Interactions between Suboxone and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Depakote and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Suboxone and Depakotea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Suboxone (buprenorphine hydrochloride; naloxone hydrochloride) is often used to treat drug dependence. Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Suboxone is used in:
- Depakote is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I take Divalproex seizures, is it ok for me to take Melatonin for sleep? I took it once and got a good nights sleep but im not sure if it will cause more seizures or decrease them.
- I recently started suboxone after 6 months on vivitrol - which was not reducing my cravings. I have also been on Wellbutrin and Celexa the past year. I am 9 months sober and in that 9 months I have gained a lot of weight - part of it was being in jail and halfway houses and I think I have just ...
- Im a 35 year old male. I've been prescribed suboxone and in an outpatient drug treatment program for two plus years. I've never had Pneumonia in my life up until two years ago. My first experience with Pneumonia almost killed me. I ended up having surgery and hospitalized for about a month. Then ...
- Hey there ehealth! I'm William, and I do take Restoral & Depakote. I'm a brain cancer Survivor. Had a Left Temperal Lobe Malignant tumor, about the size of a "tennis ball!" 2 separate surgeries ('06 & '08), & 1 round of TA Radiation therapy ('09). I've been in remission since 2009, yet I ...
- On suboxone past 18 months. Low back pain. Sciatica. Within couple months of starting it, lymph nodes right below jawline presented themselves. No other meds. No tobacco use. Figured it could be due to sublingual film or tabs. Anyone else think taking suboxone could be a cause of this? Had ...
User reviews to the study
- My top teeth have crumbled in the year I've taken Depakote. I was drinking coke but they have never decayed this fast before. I already had one pulled and about to loose two more.
- Hi everyone. Has it been proven that suboxone causes dysphasia? Any remedy aside from quitting the drug? Thank you K
- Hey my name is David and I used to have a friend who died after surgery on his cerebellum, he used to use Suboxone for a long time. I am using Suboxone for 8 years now I have pain on my cerebellum. Anyone has this type of pain? Thanks
- I first noticed it felt like I was sitting on a lump in the couch and the burning after urination I have been on Cipro for three weeks and it doesn't seem much better Has anybody had the symptoms please help
- I am on a relatively low dose of subutex after having multiple surgeries and am in chronic pain which 8 mg of sub total a day helps. I am afraid because of all of my surgeries that if I need pain control, I will not be able to get it. I have been having chest pains recently from the subutex but ...