Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn. Common interactions include amnesia among females and pain among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11 people who take Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11 people who take Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Sulfasalazine?
Sulfasalazine has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 80,466 Sulfasalazine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Zaroxolyn?
Zaroxolyn has active ingredients of metolazone. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 5,126 Zaroxolyn users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn reports submitted per year:
Common Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn drug interactions by gender *:
- Blood cholesterol increased
- Eye disorder
- Oral herpes
- Tooth infection
- Quality of life decreased
- Sleep apnoea syndrome
- Joint stiffness
- Myocardial infarction
- Emotional distress
Common Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn drug interactions by age *:
- Emotional distress
- Colitis ulcerative
- Diabetes mellitus
- Memory impairment
- Joint stiffness
- Knee deformity
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Myocardial infarction
- Oxygen saturation decreased
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary hypertension
Common conditions people have *:
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 4 people, 36.36%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 1 person, 9.09%
- Pain: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Sulfasalazine (80,466 reports)
- Zaroxolyn (5,126 reports)
Browse all drug interactions of Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Sulfasalazine side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 35,158 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 22,458 reports
- Pain: 16,456 reports
- Joint pain: 13,724 reports
- Joint swelling: 13,386 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 12,630 reports
- Rashes (redness): 11,163 reports
Browse all side effects of Sulfasalazine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zaroxolyn side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 597 reports
- Weakness: 543 reports
- Pain: 498 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 455 reports
Browse all side effects of Zaroxolyn:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Sulfasalazine interactions:
- Sulfasalazine and Methotrexate: 51,755 reports
- Sulfasalazine and Enbrel: 37,279 reports
- Sulfasalazine and Humira: 34,633 reports
- Sulfasalazine and Prednisone: 27,457 reports
- Sulfasalazine and Orencia: 25,493 reports
- Sulfasalazine and Actemra: 22,572 reports
- Sulfasalazine and Leflunomide: 21,775 reports
- Sulfasalazine and Arava: 20,401 reports
- Sulfasalazine and Xeljanz: 19,808 reports
- Sulfasalazine and Remicade: 19,664 reports
Browse all interactions between Sulfasalazine and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zaroxolyn interactions:
- Zaroxolyn and Lasix: 2,637 reports
- Zaroxolyn and Coumadin: 1,077 reports
- Zaroxolyn and Furosemide: 973 reports
- Zaroxolyn and Aspirin: 939 reports
- Zaroxolyn and Digoxin: 803 reports
- Zaroxolyn and Lipitor: 771 reports
- Zaroxolyn and Coreg: 654 reports
- Zaroxolyn and Synthroid: 629 reports
- Zaroxolyn and Aldactone: 626 reports
- Zaroxolyn and Allopurinol: 609 reports
Browse all interactions between Zaroxolyn and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sulfasalazine and metolazone (the active ingredients of Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn, respectively), and Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Sulfasalazine and Zaroxolyn.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tylenol and Monopril drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Potassium and Injection Site Warmth - 7 seconds ago
- Tenormin and Brain Natriuretic Peptide Increased - 13 seconds ago
- Azathioprine and Drug Effect Decreased - 13 seconds ago
- Cosentyx vs. Meloxicam - 13 seconds ago
- Cefdinir and Epilepsy - 19 seconds ago
- Vibramycin and Penlac drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Throat Tightness - 25 seconds ago
- Clozapine and Desvenlafaxine Succinate drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Daliresp and Hearing Impaired - 38 seconds ago