Sumatriptan and Selenium drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among 39 people who take Sumatriptan and Selenium. Common interactions include sinusitis among females.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Sumatriptan and Selenium have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
39 people who take Sumatriptan and Selenium together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Sumatriptan?
Sumatriptan has active ingredients of sumatriptan succinate. It is used in migraine. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 15,899 Sumatriptan users.
What is Selenium?
Selenium has active ingredients of selenium. It is used in vitamin supplementation. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 4,937 Selenium users.
Number of Sumatriptan and Selenium reports submitted per year:
Common Sumatriptan and Selenium drug interactions by gender *:
- Application site pain
- Application site papules
- Application site paraesthesia
- Application site pruritus
- Application site urticaria
- Blood pressure increased
Common Sumatriptan and Selenium drug interactions by age *:
- Blood pressure fluctuation
- Blood pressure increased
- Diabetes mellitus
- Abdominal distension
- Acute respiratory failure
- Crystal urine present
- Femur fracture
- Low turnover osteopathy
- Stress fracture
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 14 people, 35.90%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 4 people, 10.26%
- Pain: 4 people, 10.26%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 4 people, 10.26%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 4 people, 10.26%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 2 people, 5.13%
- Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: 2 people, 5.13%
- Portopulmonary Hypertension (coexistence of portal and pulmonary hypertension): 2 people, 5.13%
- Mycotic Allergy (fungal allergy): 2 people, 5.13%
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable: 2 people, 5.13%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Sumatriptan and Selenium?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug side effects by duration, gender and age:
Common Sumatriptan drug interactions:
- Sumatriptan and Gabapentin: 1,690 reports
- Sumatriptan and Omeprazole: 1,398 reports
- Sumatriptan and Prednisone: 1,335 reports
- Sumatriptan and Ibu: 1,150 reports
- Sumatriptan and Profen: 1,148 reports
- Sumatriptan and Ibuprofen: 1,147 reports
- Sumatriptan and Topiramate: 1,092 reports
- Sumatriptan and Tramadol: 1,065 reports
- Sumatriptan and Xyrem: 1,057 reports
- Sumatriptan and Pantoprazole: 877 reports
Browse interactions between Sumatriptan and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Selenium drug interactions:
- Selenium and Magnesium: 1,193 reports
- Selenium and Vitamin c: 1,059 reports
- Selenium and Vitamin d: 1,042 reports
- Selenium and Aspirin: 802 reports
- Selenium and Fish oil: 796 reports
- Selenium and Calcium: 762 reports
- Selenium and Vitamin b12: 722 reports
- Selenium and Vitamin d3: 707 reports
- Selenium and Q10: 670 reports
- Selenium and Biotin: 541 reports
Browse interactions between Selenium and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sumatriptan succinate and selenium (the active ingredients of Sumatriptan and Selenium, respectively), and Sumatriptan and Selenium (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Sumatriptan and Selenium.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Accutane and Hodgkin'S Lymphoma - 10 seconds ago
- Incruse Ellipta and Linezolid drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Detrol and Dry Eyes - 39 seconds ago
- Naprosyn and Darzalex drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Bisacodyl and Diastat drug interaction - a minute ago
- Incruse Ellipta and Diltiazem Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago
- Requip and Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control - 2 minutes ago
- Coenzyme Q10 and Smell - Impaired - 2 minutes ago
- Buspirone Hydrochloride and Alprazolam drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Frova and Zecuity drug interaction - 2 minutes ago