Tamsulosin and Nitrostat drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Tamsulosin and Nitrostat. Common interactions include anhedonia among females and chronic kidney disease among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Tamsulosin and Nitrostat have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 557 people who take Tamsulosin and Nitrostat from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
557 people who take Tamsulosin and Nitrostat together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Tamsulosin?
Tamsulosin has active ingredients of tamsulosin. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. eHealthMe is studying from 60,029 Tamsulosin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nitrostat?
Nitrostat has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. It is often used in chest pain. eHealthMe is studying from 13,156 Nitrostat users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Tamsulosin and Nitrostat reports submitted per year:
Tamsulosin and Nitrostat drug interactions by gender *:
Tamsulosin and Nitrostat drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tamsulosin and Nitrostat?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Tamsulosin (60,029 reports)
- Nitrostat (13,156 reports)
Common Tamsulosin and Nitrostat interactions:
- Coronary heart disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 10 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 7 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Tamsulosin and Nitrostat:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Tamsulosin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,506 reports
- Dizziness: 3,400 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,266 reports
- Weakness: 3,232 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 3,208 reports
- Death: 2,726 reports
Browse all side effects of Tamsulosin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Nitrostat side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 994 reports
- Chest pain: 960 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 923 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 871 reports
- Drug ineffective: 867 reports
- Heart attack: 824 reports
- Weakness: 789 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 781 reports
Browse all side effects of Nitrostat:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Tamsulosin interactions:
- Tamsulosin and Aspirin: 12,818 reports
- Tamsulosin and Amlodipine: 8,610 reports
- Tamsulosin and Omeprazole: 8,406 reports
- Tamsulosin and Furosemide: 7,761 reports
- Tamsulosin and Finasteride: 7,645 reports
- Tamsulosin and Metformin: 7,411 reports
- Tamsulosin and Lisinopril: 7,021 reports
- Tamsulosin and Pantoprazole: 6,853 reports
- Tamsulosin and Simvastatin: 6,631 reports
- Tamsulosin and Gabapentin: 6,616 reports
Browse all interactions between Tamsulosin and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Nitrostat interactions:
- Nitrostat and Aspirin: 5,397 reports
- Nitrostat and Lisinopril: 2,514 reports
- Nitrostat and Plavix: 2,446 reports
- Nitrostat and Furosemide: 2,198 reports
- Nitrostat and Lasix: 2,132 reports
- Nitrostat and Lipitor: 2,047 reports
- Nitrostat and Omeprazole: 1,782 reports
- Nitrostat and Prilosec: 1,648 reports
- Nitrostat and Nexium: 1,633 reports
- Nitrostat and Gabapentin: 1,602 reports
Browse all interactions between Nitrostat and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tamsulosin and nitroglycerin (the active ingredients of Tamsulosin and Nitrostat, respectively), and Tamsulosin and Nitrostat (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Tamsulosin and Nitrostat.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Weight Loss and drugs of ingredients of acetaminophen - 20 seconds ago
- Imitrex and Joint Stiffness - 22 seconds ago
- Norvasc and L-Theanine drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Speech Disorder and Arthritis - 43 seconds ago
- Buspirone Hcl and Iron Deficiency - 44 seconds ago
- Ribavirin and Spondylolisthesis - 58 seconds ago
- Saw Palmetto and Diabetes - a minute ago
- Hydrocortisone Valerate and Mirtazapine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Tinnitus in Terbinafine Hydrochloride, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate and Non-Hodgkin'S Lymphoma - a minute ago