Tegretol and Celebrex drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Tegretol and Celebrex. Common interactions include urticaria among females and anxiety among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Tegretol and Celebrex have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 381 people who take Tegretol and Celebrex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
381 people who take Tegretol and Celebrex together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Tegretol?
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 43,802 Tegretol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Celebrex?
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 140,524 Celebrex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Tegretol and Celebrex reports submitted per year:
Tegretol and Celebrex drug interactions by gender *:
Tegretol and Celebrex drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tegretol and Celebrex?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Puvanendran R, Teo HZ, "Case report of use of Black Cohosh for carbamazepine induced hot flushes in a post menopausal woman", Maturitas, 2017 Jun .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
- Yava?o?lu I, Sarg?n G, Demirbulat A, "Carbamazepine and hematological malignancies", Turkish journal of haematology: official journal of Turkish Society of Haematology, 2013 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Tegretol and Celebrex interactions:
- Stress and anxiety: 50 reports
- Rashes (redness): 41 reports
- Drug ineffective: 32 reports
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 23 reports
- Herpes zoster: 18 reports
- Gastric ulcer (stomach ulcer): 16 reports
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 12 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Tegretol and Celebrex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Tegretol side effects:
- Fever: 2,662 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,333 reports
- Dizziness: 2,152 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,937 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,862 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,834 reports
- Weakness: 1,820 reports
Browse all side effects of Tegretol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Celebrex side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 16,713 reports
- Pain: 13,601 reports
- Joint pain: 10,756 reports
- Heart attack: 9,103 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9,070 reports
- High blood pressure: 7,329 reports
Browse all side effects of Celebrex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Tegretol interactions:
- Tegretol and Keppra: 2,931 reports
- Tegretol and Lamictal: 2,103 reports
- Tegretol and Neurontin: 1,815 reports
- Tegretol and Lyrica: 1,571 reports
- Tegretol and Seroquel: 1,513 reports
- Tegretol and Aspirin: 1,467 reports
- Tegretol and Topamax: 1,293 reports
- Tegretol and Depakote: 1,254 reports
- Tegretol and Gabapentin: 1,244 reports
- Tegretol and Clonazepam: 1,239 reports
Browse all interactions between Tegretol and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Celebrex interactions:
- Celebrex and Methotrexate: 20,930 reports
- Celebrex and Prednisone: 16,276 reports
- Celebrex and Enbrel: 11,848 reports
- Celebrex and Humira: 11,578 reports
- Celebrex and Aspirin: 9,493 reports
- Celebrex and Vioxx: 8,229 reports
- Celebrex and Lyrica: 8,052 reports
- Celebrex and Lipitor: 7,212 reports
- Celebrex and Nexium: 7,167 reports
- Celebrex and Synthroid: 6,995 reports
Browse all interactions between Celebrex and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on carbamazepine and celecoxib (the active ingredients of Tegretol and Celebrex, respectively), and Tegretol and Celebrex (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Tegretol and Celebrex.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atorvastatin Calcium and Anencephaly - now
- Vectibix and Conjunctivitis Aggravated - a second ago
- Aimovig and Small Intestinal Obstruction - 13 seconds ago
- Tecfidera and Dry Eyes - 23 seconds ago
- Ebrantil and Neurological Symptom - 43 seconds ago
- Hypothyroidism and Fainting - 45 seconds ago
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Megestrol Acetate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Isosorbide Mononitrate and Alendronate Sodium drug interaction - a minute ago
- Ceftin and Torsade De Pointes - a minute ago
- Armodafinil and Tadalafil drug interaction - a minute ago