Topiramate and Celexa drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Topiramate and Celexa. Common interactions include overdose among females and fall among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Topiramate and Celexa have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 224 people who take Topiramate and Celexa from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
224 people who take Topiramate and Celexa together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Topiramate?
Topiramate has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. eHealthMe is studying from 40,577 Topiramate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Celexa?
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 54,830 Celexa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Topiramate and Celexa reports submitted per year:
Topiramate and Celexa drug interactions by gender *:
Topiramate and Celexa drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Topiramate and Celexa?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
- Hosseini, S. H., & Ahmadi, A., "Peripheral edema occurring during treatment with risperidone combined with citalopram", Case reports in medicine, 2012 Jan .
- Kocamaz, M., & Karadag, O., "Topiramate-Induced Acute Myopia, Diplopia, and Photosensitivity: A Case Report", Beyoglu Eye Journal, 2019 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Topiramate (40,577 reports)
- Celexa (54,830 reports)
Common Topiramate and Celexa interactions:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 15 reports
- Urinary tract infection: 14 reports
- Joint pain: 11 reports
- Drowsiness: 9 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 8 reports
- Drug ineffective: 7 reports
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 6 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Topiramate and Celexa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Topiramate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 4,046 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,566 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,428 reports
- Dizziness: 1,720 reports
- Migraine (headache): 1,644 reports
- Pain: 1,627 reports
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1,516 reports
- Drowsiness: 1,501 reports
Browse all side effects of Topiramate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Celexa side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,091 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 3,639 reports
- Pain: 3,594 reports
- Depression: 3,433 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,157 reports
- Weakness: 2,901 reports
Browse all side effects of Celexa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Topiramate interactions:
- Topiramate and Gabapentin: 5,142 reports
- Topiramate and Levetiracetam: 4,126 reports
- Topiramate and Lamotrigine: 3,738 reports
- Topiramate and Clonazepam: 3,691 reports
- Topiramate and Omeprazole: 3,119 reports
- Topiramate and Vitamin d: 2,521 reports
- Topiramate and Valproic acid: 2,424 reports
- Topiramate and Carbamazepine: 2,292 reports
- Topiramate and Aspirin: 2,178 reports
- Topiramate and Tramadol: 2,065 reports
Browse all interactions between Topiramate and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Celexa interactions:
- Celexa and Aspirin: 4,788 reports
- Celexa and Xanax: 4,016 reports
- Celexa and Synthroid: 3,968 reports
- Celexa and Prednisone: 3,490 reports
- Celexa and Neurontin: 3,416 reports
- Celexa and Prilosec: 3,364 reports
- Celexa and Wellbutrin: 3,266 reports
- Celexa and Lasix: 3,261 reports
- Celexa and Lisinopril: 3,240 reports
- Celexa and Lipitor: 3,060 reports
Browse all interactions between Celexa and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on topiramate and citalopram hydrobromide (the active ingredients of Topiramate and Celexa, respectively), and Topiramate and Celexa (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Topiramate and Celexa.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Isoptin and Haematocrit Decreased - 4 seconds ago
- Cefazolin Sodium and Hallucination, Visual - 10 seconds ago
- Hodgkin'S Disease Nodular Sclerosis Stage Unspecified and Parathyroid Tumor Benign - 21 seconds ago
- Calcitriol and Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma - 27 seconds ago
- Promethazine Dm and Metronidazole drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Diovan Hct and Clindamycin Hydrochloride drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Nicoderm Cq and Sustiva drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Lotrel and Gastric Mucosal Hypertrophy - 43 seconds ago
- Amitiza and Feraheme drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Mefenamic Acid and Zolmitriptan drug interaction - a minute ago